It is considered that the skin is the prime organ in the human body and is mostly exposed. Therefore, any situation which tends to damage the skin is not possible to avoid. The skin does not only show cuts, burns and scratches but some disease may also take place in any other part of the human body.
Dermatitis is a condition when the skin turns out to red, swollen up, cracking, clotting, lamenting, crusting, itching and the color of the skin changes. This condition is very troublesome. A person who has a dry skin mostly becomes the victim of dermatitis or eczema. Dermatitis or eczema may also be the result of some food that is allergic for an individual. People with less stomach acid probably suffer from eczema or dermatitis. Exposing for a long time to the materials may make the condition worse and then makes the dermatitis to spread.
In order to prevent dermatitis one must use a humidifier. Try to wear outfits that are comfortable. If one is exposed to a chemical agent that causes dermatitis, rinse your skin with a cleanser and then wash it off with water immediately. Try not to wear nickel plated jewellery; you can use gold and sterling silver jewellery. At the time of washing the dishes, one must wear a rubber gloves to safe guard your hands. After showering or washing your hands, apply a lotion with no fragrance and no preservatives.
There is another kind of dermatitis called atopic dermatitis. It usually affects the face, knees, and elbows. It is very itchy. Another type of dermatitis is nummular dermatitis, it usually appears in the arms and legs marked by circle. Some of the natural remedies may prove to be effective in treating dermatitis.
Following are the natural remedies for dermatitis suggested:
1. Add one teaspoon of comfrey root, one teaspoon of white oak bark, one teaspoon of slippery elm bark with two cups of water, heat it and set it to boil. Use the solution to wash the affected area. It is a useful natural remedy for dermatitis.
2. One requires vitamin B to maintain a vigorous skin.
3. Consume biotin tablets, which is significant to stay away from dermatitis.
4. Apply vitamin E on the affected area, it gives relief from itching. Do not use synthetic vitamin E since your body won't be able to utilize it.
5. Zinc can be taken orally and also can be applied directly on the affected area.
6. Inflammation can be minimized by shark cartilage.
7. Blueberry leaves is used to make a lotion and then applying that lotion to the affected area may provide a quick relief from inflammation of dermatitis. It is a good home remedy for dermatitis.
8. One can also use shampoo in the hairs, if you find dermatitis on the scalp. Remember not to use a harsh shampoo; you can apply a baby shampoo for this purpose.
9. For people with dry skin, try out a petroleum jelly lotion. And for rashes, you can also make use of lacto calamine.