Vaginal infection can be caused due to many reasons. Such reasons include trauma, hormonal changes, medications and disease that are transmitted sexually. Vaginal infection is usually described by irritation, itching, odor, inflammation and discharge. They are usually treated by anti fungal medications.
There are several home remedies that can be tried out at home. Given below are the recommended natural remedies for this infection.
1. Vinegar can aid in re-establishing the balance of acid in the vaginal area and flushes out the infection present in that area.
2. Drench the portion in a cool bath tub to get relief from irritation and itching. Add two teaspoons of honey in the bathing water. As honey has an antibacterial and anti-fungal feature. Honey is equally comforting and helps in curing.
3. Add honey and yoghurt in your daily consuming foods. Because yoghurt consists of healthy bacteria that aids in fighting against bacteria that are risky. Honey also has an antibacterial feature that aids in fighting against infection. It also helps in preventing this disorder.
4. Consume lot of water. At least eight to ten glasses of water daily. Water helps to clean the body and wipes out the dirtiness present in the body.
5. Wear comfortable outfits. Avoid using nylon fabrics. As they ensnare moisture and keep the cloth close to your skin which further leads to discomfort. Moisture further reproduces bacteria and cause infection. Advice is to use cotton fabrics that allow moisture to escape. Also remember to wear loose fitting clothes that help your skin to breathe.
6. Try to change your clothes immediately, as soon as you feel that it is wet. Make your skin dry before wearing dry clothes.
7. If you do not notice any improvement in the vagina within one week of making the treatment. Then you are suggested to visit your health care provider and opt for antibiotic treatment.
8. Do not use deodorant hygienic pads and sprays, as it would result in aggravation.
9. In order to prevent vaginal infection, always wear loose fitting inner outfit or garments that are cotton based.
10. A few drops of tea tree oil discharge on a tampon and put it in the vagina. It is an effective home remedy for vaginal infection and would provide you great relief.
11. Herbs can be applied externally to heal the inflammation and itching of vaginal infection. Herbs boost up the body's immune reactions and fight directly with microorganisms, which results in the infections.
12. In order to get best results, treatment can be done both internally and externally.
13. When herbs are used to heal the infection, you are not only fighting against infections, but also making your body stronger against further infections.
14. Echinacea helps to fight against the infection by boosting up your body's immune reactions. Consume half teaspoon of its extract till the infection vanish away.
15. As garlic has an outstanding antimicrobial properties, that fights with bacteria, fungi and other harmful microorganisms and further results in infection. Raw garlic can also be eaten.
16. Goldenseal is considered to be a natural antibiotic agent and has proved to be a strong killer of harmful microorganisms.