PMS is also called premenstrual syndrome. It takes place in more or less 70 percent of all the women around the world. The signs and symptoms of premenstrual syndrome initiates within seven to fourteen days before the genuine menstruation take place. The signs are gas, pain in the stomach or the abdomen, swelling of the abdomen, cracks in the skin, rashes, nervousness, worried, tenderness in the breasts, imbalance in moods, irritation and swelling all over the body. This is considered as the painful moment for the women and this may cause trauma with friends and other relatives.
At the time of menstruation period, there is a disparity in hormones and the activity of brain. It is also reported that a considered amount of estrogen, irregular levels of progesterone fails to manage with the changes in the hormones and are the chief reasons of PMS (premenstrual syndrome). Rare women suffer from severe disorders and are unable to cope with her daily errands during the menstruation period. Making use of herbs and a balanced diet can help the hormone levels to return to their normal. Symptoms come to an end when the menstruation initiates.
Following are the home remedies that are recommended to minimize the discomforts caused by premenstrual syndrome.
1. Lavender, Geranium and sage oils are found to provide relief in the conditions of premenstrual syndrome. One can also massage the oil on the abdomen or put some oil in the warm bath. It is a good home remedy for premenstrual syndrome.
2. Magnesium is a good source of supplying a soothing affect, it also aids in relaxing trauma in the body.
3. Intake of vitamin B helps to minimize swelling, which further results in pain. Vitamin B6 and vitamin B also helps to increase the blood circulation in the body.
4. Calcium has the power to ease the effects of premenstrual symptoms. It must be taken regularly to maintain healthiness.
5. Another useful home remedy for premenstrual syndrome is cramp bark. It helps in relieving pain, spasms and muscle stress in the body, especially the abdomen. Mix 60-70 drops in a glass of warm water and drink it.
6. Dandelion herb can be used to minimize the discomfort caused by premenstrual symptom as it is a good source of vitamin A and iron. This helps in relieving tenderness of breasts, bloating, cramps and inflammation. It also helps the liver to wipe out the estrogen and thus provide relief in PMS.
7. Vitamin E also helps in minimizing the tenderness of breasts.
8. Black cohosh helps in premenstrual trauma, menstrual cramps, bloating. It also aids in controlling moods.
9. Workouts must also be performed on regular basis; it not only keeps fit but also helps in providing better defense from premenstrual syndrome.
10. Acupuncture also provides a proper function of the liver and therefore balances the hormones in the body.
11. Yoga also plays a significant role in reducing the problems caused by premenstrual syndrome.
12. Oily, fatty and spicy foods must be evaded. Try to consume foods that are rich in potassium. Do not opt for junk foods as they may confine the remedial action.