Leg cramps are referred to a situation when the muscles of the legs get contracted resulting in pain and discomfort. Leg cramps can affect any person but it takes place especially in older people. Leg cramps usually occurs in the calf muscle, hamstring and quadriceps of the leg.
There are several causes of leg cramps; those include dehydration, weakness in the body, standing for a long time, conditions of arthritis and diabetes, excess workouts, muscle fatigue because of overexertion, obesity, imbalances of fluid, injury in the leg, weak blood supply, and abnormalities of nerves. Symptoms of leg cramps are pain in the leg, swelling of the muscles, unable to move the leg. Since, legs are the sole locomotors organ of the body and thus cause excess interruption in the daily errands of a person.
There are few home remedies recommended to cure the leg cramps. This may be helpful for the victim. Following are the few home remedies for leg pain which can be tried out for quick relief.
1. In such situations, make frequent massages and go for a steam bath.
2. Wrap the red fennel on the cramp, it will naturally show you its outstanding effect.
3. Eating coconut is highly advisable to prevent these pains in leg.
4. Taking a balanced diet is an important factor to eliminate the weakness of the body.
5. Having walnuts in an empty stomach in the mornings would be beneficial in treating these pains.
6. Cod liver oil has the power to cure all types of pain in the body.
7. Drinking a glass of water with fenugreek powder in it helps to heal the pain in the body. It is found to be the most useful in treating body pains including leg cramps.
8. Opting for yoga such as gomukh asana and uttan pad asana is found to be very effective and gives relief from leg pains.
9. Drinking a glass of lukewarm milk before the bedtime is a very effective home remedy for treating leg pains.
10. Add one tablespoon of calcium lactate in one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of honey in a half glass of lukewarm water. It is another effective home remedy for leg pain.
11. Make a chamomile tea and drink it minimum 4-5 times a day for around fifteen days. This tea can be prepared by adding 2-3 teaspoons of chamomile flower in boiling water. Keep it for sometime and then strain the water and add sugar or honey to taste.
12. At the time going to bed, stretch your legs and keep your legs in the stretched position as much time as you can to get relief from leg pain.
13. For person who generally suffers from leg cramps, try to press your toes against the wall and make your calf muscles stretch. Do this frequently, it will help.
14. Red raspberry leaf tea is a useful home remedy for leg cramps. It can be prepared by boiling the water and adding a teaspoon of red raspberry tea to it. Let it be dipped for sometime and then strain the water.