The other term for flu is Influenza. This is caused by the virus, which infects the upper respiratory tracts. Though this can be divided into two kinds i.e. TYPE A and TYPE B. Flu usually affects the throat, lungs bronchial tubes, nose, and middle ear. There are vaccines available against the flues but as there are several types of virus that results in flu and they continuously change and makes it complex to treat flu by vaccinations.
The signs and symptoms of flu are as same as cold, like cough, hot and cold sweat, body aches, headaches, fever, vomiting, pain in the throat, fatigue, and lack of hunger. Cold remains for seven days but flu remains for 10-12 days. After the signs have vanished, cough remains for the next seven days. Influenza is a disease that no medical treatment can cure it completely but there are various home remedies that can provide relief to the person, who is suffering from influenza. Some people also experiences pains in the joint at the same time when they suffers from flu. It is the illness caused by infection and it can be spread by droplets of respiratory tracts of a person who is suffering from flu.
There are various home remedies that can help in eliminating flu or influenza. Given below are some of them:
1. Take vitamin C to enhance your immune system and raise the amount of white blood cells.
2. Taking zinc lozenges can also help you to enhance your immune system as the indications grow further.
3. Viruses are destroyed by the colloidal silver.
4. Garlic capsules can be taken to minimize the development of virus.
5. Prepare a tea by adding one tablespoon of bayberry bark with one tablespoon of grated ginger root, half tablespoon of cayenne powder accompanied with a cup of boiling water. Let it remain in the cup for some time and have the tea.
6. In the season of flu and in order to take precautionary measure, one must take a cold and flu pills once in a day.
7. If you are thirsty, take arsenicum album and undergo a better condition by consuming warm liquids.
8. If you are suffering from pain in throat, cough, itchy chest, dry lips and mouth and want to quench your thirst, take bryonia, which will help you to feel better.
9. If you are suffering from pain in the eyeballs and your bones then do not hesitate to take eupatorium perfoliatum.
10. If you are suffering from chills, aches, fever and you are not feeling thirsty then take gelsemium. It would be helpful.
11. When an uncomplicated cold has developed into influenza take nux vomica. It would be fruitful.
12. If you notice that you are suffering from a high fever, go for catnip tea and half tablespoon of lobelia tincture after the interval of 240 minutes. Remember not to use in case of pregnancy or at the time of breast feeding.
13. Cat's claw cuts down the time duration of the flu.