It is a situation, when the small blood vessels situated on the exterior of the eyes and tends to get irritated and swollen accompanied with excess blood, which is the result of lack of oxygen in the cornea of the eyes. And if it is plagued with weariness, stress in the eyes and consuming of alcohol, deficiency of vitamin B6 and B2 or high blood pressure, it is likely to appear. If the entire conditions mentioned above are fulfilled then bloodshot eyes may vanish. It can also be transmitted from one person to another. If this continues to be noticed after few days, then one has to go for the medical treatment. It requires an antibiotic treatment.
Bloodshot eyes can be the result of skin bacteria, which further results in aching and makes the eyelid slippery and grumpy. It is also referred to as a pink eye as it is the result of a virus, bacteria allergy and infection of the skin. It is very infectious, if caused by any organism. It affects the exterior area of the eye and takes place because of viral infection. It creates a lot of discomfort in the eyes and feel the irritation in the uvea, also the iris and the choroids.
The home remedies for bloodshot eyes are suggested to help you out of this problem soon with no side effects:
1. An eye, which appears to be red in color, can be reduced by splashing running water on the closed eyes. These provide relief to the eye and minimize the blood vessels, in case it is an allergic reaction.
2. One can also apply cold pressure to the eyes by using ice pack covered with a towel. It is a good natural remedy for bloodshot eyes.
3. Warm pressure can be applied in order to eliminate redness of the eye with no pain.
4. One of the common home remedies for bloodshot eyes is rose water. Putting few drops of rose water may prove to be helpful.
5. Mix rose water with Aloe Vera juice and milk, dip a cotton ball and put it over your closed eyes for some time. This will aid in minimizing redness of the eye.
6. To get quick relief from bloodshot eyes, one must consume couple of ripened tomatoes in an empty stomach. Vitamin C and flavonoids that are present in tomatoes helps to make the walls of blood vessels stronger.
7. Non preservative and unnatural tears may also help in comforting the eyes and reducing the redness.
8. Try to wear actual, preservative-free contact lenses to avoid redness in the eyes.
9. Vitamin A proves to be very supportive in case of good eye sight or a vigorous visualization.
10. Consuming a good amount of spinach or its extract will be beneficial as they have carotenoid that is required for the eye tissue and the retina.
11. Bloodshot eyes occur due to deficiency of vitamin B. So start taking supplements of vitamin B thrice a day.
12. Prepare a tea using raspberry leaves and let it get to normal and then dip a piece of cotton ball and put it on the eye to see an expected result.
13. Making use of eyebright herb in the form of drops is an outstanding herbal remedy for bloodshot eyes.