Everyone is afraid of growing old. Women are particularly concerned about their dull complexion and wrinkles in the ageing process. The wrinkles are thin, sagging skin also recognized as delicate crease. These are more prominent on the neck, face and hands. The mechanism by which skin is maintained tight and healthy involves the major role of connective tissues of skin called as collagen and elastin. The wrinkles are produced when these two connective tissues decreases in number or are weakened in their function. The skin as a result of this loses elasticity, smoothness, fat content and looks thinner.
The major causes of the wrinkles have been identified as over exposure to sunrays, smoking, pollution, squinting, drug abuse, stress, weight loss and low vitamin E content.
But you don't need to be worried so much about these if you follow certain procedures, take good care of yourself, have a healthy diet and plan your routine. These all can help you shift the situation to next ten years. Just try to make yourself happy and leave the worries and stress. Apply the below guidelines in your schedule or lifestyle and this will help you maintain your skin tone and keep the wrinkles away -
1. Try applying the egg white to your skin below the eyes.
2. Throat skin and that below the eyes can also be treated with odor free castor oil.
3. Massage the wrinkle prone skin with coconut oil every night before sleep.
4. Sugarcane juice used to make a paste with turmeric powder and applied on skin helps add a great aid in getting rid of wrinkles and ageing.
5. To get rid of wrinkles gently crush a green seedless Thompson grape on the wrinkles on your face. Rinse it with warm water after 20 minutes and dry in natural air.
6. To treat the fine wrinkles the pineapple core can be rubbed on the face and rinsed after 10 -15 minutes.
7. Juice of green apples and pineapples when applied on the face daily, works effectively for wrinkles and cracked skin.
8. A healthy diet is very essential and cannot be kept secondary for the treatment of wrinkles. The diet should be rich in fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, cereals and whole grain meals.
9. Applying the flax seed oil is also effective home remedy for treating the wrinkles.
10. Drinking enough amount of water for the skin and wrinkle treatment is old age therapy. Have at least 4-6 liters of water in a day. This keeps your body hydrated and moisturized.
11. Avoiding the direct contact with sun are also effective means to reduce wrinkles.
12. Smoking is one of the major contributors to fast ageing process. Smoking acts by decreasing the amount of oxygen supply to skin tissues and hence causing the skin to be prone to diseases and wrinkles.
13. Sleeping posture is another factor responsible for the wrinkle formation. Sleep on your back rather than with face on the pillow.
14. Massage your face and skin regularly with natural oils, vegetables and fruits. This helps to maintain the skin tone and hence prevents wrinkles.