Inflammation of liver causes, hepatitis and liver can also be damaged if a person takes harmful things such as drugs, chemicals, alcohol or due to some kind of autoimmune disorder. Viral hepatitis is caused by virus cytomegalovirus, which can inflame the liver, although, hepatitis virus spread to other parts of the body. Viral hepatitis is specifically referred to the condition, where the liver is attacked and there are many types of hepatitis viruses such as hepatitis A, B ... and so on to G.
Liver has the function of producing proteins from the food products, which is needed by the body and it also stores excess fat and vitamins for future use, in case, the body has excess production of fat and vitamins. Liver also manufactures chemicals such as cholesterol, which is need by the body. Viral hepatitis can harm the blood purifying system of the liver. If a person suffering from viral hepatitis takes alcohol, the chemical present in alcohol will not be broken down and eliminated from the body through the urine system.
1. Liver can be damaged by taking unhealthy food or water, and hepatitis B is mostly spread through sexual contact, sharing razors, tattooing and from mother to child.
2. Hepatitis C is common in drug abusers, who share common needles.
3. Other types of viral hepatitis are also spread through contaminated blood.
4. Chronic hepatitis infections stays for more than six months and the symptoms include vomiting, swollen joints, headaches, dark urine, jaundice, low blood sugar and abdominal discomfort. The patient may have faint skin color and body's immune system may destroy the liver.
There are some home remedies, which are helpful to the people suffering from viral hepatitis, although the healthcare practitioner should be visited in extreme case.
1. Some of the common herbs which are effective in improving the condition of liver are: Artichoke, beet, licorice, schizandra, black radish, red clover, yellow dock, green tea and turmeric (take it raw). Licorice posses' antiviral properties, but it should not be taken if the patient suffers from high blood pressure. It should not be used daily for a week. Beet helps in regenerating liver cells.
2. To clean the liver, burdock and dandelion can be used.
3. To reduce inflammation ligustrum can be taken.
4. For anti fungal treatment, olive leaf extract can be used.
5. Phyllanthus reduces the symptoms of the hepatitis.
6. Scutellaria is a Chinese herb, which is a powerful antioxidant.
1. The patient suffering from viral hepatitis should eat only freshly prepared homemade food.
2. Eating raw fruits and vegetables helps in easy digestions.
3. Herbal tea and vegetable broth can be taken.
4. Supplement of zinc is helpful in case of liver problems and iron level should be examined to keep it normal, while taking treatment for hepatitis.
5. Stay away from smoking, drugs, harmful chemicals and alcohol. Do not take food high in protein and fat.