Uterine prolapse (fallen womb) happens when the connectives tissues of uterus slip to move down to vagina and the uterus appears coming out from the vagina. It can be caused by poor hormone secretions or by the use of inappropriate birth control methods, or chronic coughing from smoking etc.
Many women loose the elasticity of the uterus during child birth, by obesity or by ageing. The symptoms of uterine prolapse are pain in the vagina, pain during lovemaking, low back pain, and difficulty in urination or infections in urinary bladders.
There are mainly three types of uterine prolapse. The first type is the condition in which, the front vaginal wall falls below the bladder and it is called Cystocoele. In the second type of uterine prolapse, the vaginal wall falls in front of the bowel and it is called rectocoele, and the third condition is Proccidentia, in which, the cervix prolapses.
Uterine prolapse may include other complications such as constipation, infection in uterus, haemorrhoids. Surgery is generally done to tighten the uterus muscles in extreme cases. But some natural therapies and yoga can be done to strengthen the vaginal muscles.
1. There are many minerals, which can be taken to improve the health of connective tissues. Calcium fluoride in the form of cell salts can be taken to improve tissue strength. Silica is also helpful in restoring tissue strength and elasticity.
2. Walnut powder and burdock powder can be mixed and taken. Burdock root is effective in purifying blood, which enhances improved blood circulation to the uterus.
3. Bayberry can be taken as it is an astringent.
4. Grave root tincture, motherwort tincture, white oak tincture or false unicorn tincture, can be taken to strengthen the uterus tissues.
5. Black walnut powder, Irish moss, agrimony, black cohosh and hawthorn are high in minerals and vitamins. Black walnut is helpful in fighting parasites and blood sugar. It is also effective in controlling the secretion of thyroid hormone. Black Cohosh is helpful in balancing hormone.
6. Some home remedies can be taken to reduce the problems, which come along with bloating.
7. For strengthening the urinary bladder and kidney, women can take horsetail.
8. Rosemary can be used to increase the blood circulation and to improve concentration.
9. Sage tincture stimulates endocrine glands and it also reduces sweating.
10. Women suffering from obesity should try to lose weight, but not reduce the vitamin and mineral content in the body.
11. Food containing lots of spices, oil and sugar should not be taken and even the food high in carbohydrate and fats such as cheese, white flour and sugar should be avoided. Fresh fruits and vegetables are good source of vitamins and minerals.
12. Warm water with honey can be taken to control weight and to counter hunger pangs.
13. Yogurt can be replaced with diluted buttermilk and it can be taken with salt.
14. Snacks which can cause weight gain should be avoided and junk food should not be taken in between meals. Home cooked food is always best for health.