Urinary tract infection is a problem most common in women, where the person has a strong urge to urinate frequently, but feels pain on releasing urine and releases a very less amount of urine. The patient may even suffer from pain in the lower abdomen and on the sides. The symptoms may also include blood in urine, vomiting and fever. Urinary tract infection is mostly caused by bacterial infection in the urinary tract. The infection may be caused if the person waits long to urinate or if the bladder stores urine more than the capacity.
The urinary bladder gets weak and it finds it difficult to empty itself in one time and these symptoms are common when the patient suffers from diabetes, menopause or in women during pregnancy.
1. Drink a lot of water: Water removes toxins from the body and drinking lots of water helps in flushing the body of toxins.
2. Cranberry juice is also effective home remedy for UTI. It contains a high amount of vitamin C, which prevents bacterial infection on the bladder walls. It is called "superfood", and it is an anti-oxidant, which can treat wounds. It is also good for people suffering from heart problems and the juice improves the immunity of the body.
3. Baking soda can be taken with drinking water to cleanse the body's urinary tract.
4. Marshmallow tea has antiseptic effect and it can be taken to clean the body of microbes. It is widely used as a home remedy for
urinary tract infection.
5. Aromatherapy from the oils of juniper, sandalwood, tea tree and bergamot can be applied on the urinary tract and it prevents urinary infection.
6. Varuna, punarnava and gokshura can be rubbed on the urinary tract of the infected person.
7. Junk food and food having lots of spices should be avoided.
8. Taking tincture of buchu or echinacea can help cure acute urinary tract infection.
9. Apple cider vinegar can also be taken to get rid of the bacteria from the body as the patients suffering from urinary tract infections suffer from deficiency in minerals and vitamins. Vinegar will help the patients from fighting the infections of the bacteria and also be a good source of nutrition.
10. Hygiene should be maintained and the patient should not take alcohol or smoke.
11. Apple juice is also effective in treating bacterial infections.
12. To prevent UTI, one should not take non vegetarian food and food having lots of spices. Coffee, tea and soft drinks should be avoided, as it will make the pain worse.
13. Echinacea tea is also helpful in treating UTI infection and it can be taken after dinner and lunch.
14. One of the common home remedies for urinary tract infection is goldenseal. It can be used to treat bacterial infection.
The problem should be treated on time to prevent the infection from spreading to other parts of the body. Some of the less popular herbs used in the treatment of UTI are Uva Ursi, conch grass, horsetail and damiana. Diabetes patients should be careful not to eat sugar as it will spread bacteria in the urinary tract.