Many people suffer from urinary stones, and these stones can be dangerous to cause permanent damage to the kidney. Some of the common deposits in urinary tract are calcium oxalate, calcium carbonate, calcium phosphate, magnesium ammonium phosphate, uric acid and cysteine. Urinary stones are found in the urinary tract and they can be of any size. Small stones can come out through urine on taking fluids and water, but large size stones can block the tract and cause pain. The large size stones are sometimes broken it into pieces and then, made to come out of the urinary tract. The oxalate stones found in the kidney are rough and may have coating of blood, and the phosphate stones can be chalky and white. The most common form of stones found in human body is uric acid stones and large size stones can stay for long in the tract to cause kidney failure.
Causes of urinary stones can be lack of vitamin A and intake of high amount of white flour, tea, coffee or spices. Kidney stones can be caused by abnormalities in metabolism, improper diet, low water in the body, and excessive intake of acidic food. Overeating can also cause their formation. These can cause painful urination and the patient suffers from excessive desire to urinate. Some people suffer from vomiting and nausea. Excessive intake of vitamin D can also cause kidney stone.
1. Watermelon or its juice can be taken.
2. Fig can be boiled in water and taken in empty stomach, early in the morning.
3. Fresh tomato juice with salt and pepper can be taken in empty stomach.
4. Kidney beans or French beans can be taken in diet or boiled and mashed, and taken with liquid. This is a good home remedy for urinary stones.
5. Nettle leaf is also good as it flushes the bacteria from the kidney tract. The juice of nettle leaf can be prepared with hot water.
6. Food high in fibre also helps in removing stones from the body. Fibrous food can remove calcium form the body.
7. There are many food items, which should not be taken by the patient. He should not take food rich in calcium and oxalate such as milk, calcium, cheese, beets, celery, grapes, spinach, and squash. Intake of vitamin A should be increased such as pumpkin, broccoli, beef liver, apricot and winter squash. Intake of protein should be reduced.
8. Take lot of water and fluids, and the patient should avoid taking spices and salty food.
9. Basil leaves or tulsi can be taken with honey.
10. Gokshur also called Tribulus terrestris can be taken with honey and goat milk. This work as an effective home remedy for urinary stones.
11. Urinary stones can also be treated by taking fresh fruits such as apples, grapes and pomegranate.
12. Vitamin B6 is good for kidney stones. Food rich in vitamin B can be taken.
13. Herbs such as Passiflora leschenaultia, Solena amplexicaulis, Scoparia dulcis and Aerva lanata, have been found effective in treating kidney stone.