Light weight is not a problem if you are energetic and healthy. If you can carry out your day to day activities with ease then being underweight is not an issue but if you lack energy or get tired very easily, you may have to gain weight and it is as difficult as losing weight.
Sometimes, people get thin suddenly and it may happen due to some major health problem or stress. If you wish to gain weight, you should not just eat more calories in an unhealthy way to get weight. Instead of getting only calories, you should try to eat food, which can help you in gaining muscles and strength.
2. Poor nutrition
3. Lack of rest or sleep
4. Stress and anxiety
5. Drinking or smoking
6. Health problems (hyper thyroids, diabetes, hepatic disorder, hyper tension , TB)
8. Lack of digestive juices and mal-absorption
9. Presence of parasites in the intestine
10. Excessive loss of fluid from the body
11. Drug addiction, smoking, alcohol and psychological reasons
Some food products, which can help in weight gain, are
1. Dairy products such as cheese and milk are high in fat and proteins.
2. Eating banana daily with curd or taking a juice of banana mixed with milk, helps in gaining weight.
3. People, who take only vegetarian food, may have low fat in their body and if directly meat is taken by somebody, it adds to the body weight.
4. Raisins helps in weight gain and it can be taken every day.
5. Muskmelon is also helpful in gaining weight.
6. Mango milkshake is effective in gaining weight and it can be taken three times in a day.
7. Almonds and dates can be taken with milk. Almonds should be soaked in milk and can be taken early in the morning.
8. Figs can be taken with water, two times a day.
9. Pomegranate seed powder, musli powder and ginseng root can be powdered and taken with warm milk.
1. For gaining weight, nutritious food should be taken, which can help the intestine to absorb nutrients.
2. Sleeping properly for eight hours and not skipping meal is important.
3. Eat only healthy food, sometimes people who take unhealthy food such as junk food or oily food, may be underweight because the intestine could not absorb nutrients from the food to be used by the body.
4. Small meals can be taken many times in a day to gain weight.
5. Excesses of anything should be avoided. Excess of sexual activity, physical activity or mental activities reduces body weight.
6. Yoga helps in metabolism of the fat and it distributes energy equally to all parts of the body.
7. Many people take steroid therapy to increase muscles, but it is not advisable to interfere with the functioning of the body hormones.
8. People, who are underweight should reduce intake of food containing sugar and flour.
9. People who eat very fast or drink tea, coffee or fruit juices at the time of taking a meal, may be underweight.