Throat irritation is a common medical complaint that can affect all ages. Throat problems such as sore throat, throat pain, throat hoarseness and hoarse voice are quite common. However, there is good news that you can easily get relief from these problems using simple home remedies.
1. Salt water gargle is an effective home remedy to relief from throat irritation and sore throat. It helps soothe the irritated throat and reduces swelling in the tissues. Gargle at least thrice a day.
2. Add half a teaspoonful of turmeric (haldi) powder in 250gms of milk and heat on a low flame for 5 minutes after it starts boiling. Allow it to cool and then add a half teaspoon of powdered sugar candy and drink in the night for 2-3 days. This is very effective home remedies for throat irritation.
3. Boil whole lemon in water. Allow it to cool and then squeeze the juice in a bowl. Add little honey in this juice. Take one tsp of this mixture at every 3 hour. This will help to alleviate your throat irritation.
4. Drink lukewarm water instead of cold water. Hot fluids like soups, tea, and broths will also help in throat irritation.
5. To prevent sore throat, the best natural remedy is holy basil (tulsi). Chew few holy basil leaves in the morning on an empty stomach. It will keep you away from throat problems, cold, cough, bronchitis, pneumonia, influenza, trachea, respiratory and lung diseases.
6. Mash 3-4 leaves of holy basil (tulsi) and three black peppers (kali mirch) in a teaspoonful of water and take on an empty stomach for few days. This is another simple and effective home remedies for throat irritation.
7. Prepare a tea of holy basil (tulsi). Take eight leaves of holy basil, six mashed black peppers (kali mirch) and one-fourth teaspoonful dry ginger powder or fresh ginger. Boil all these ingredients in a cup of water for five minutes. Stop the heat and cover it. After two minutes, sieve and add 100gms boiled milk with one teaspoonful of sugar. Drink hot, cover the body completely and lie down for 5 to 10 minutes. This drink helps prevent cold, cough, fever, chest congestion, pain, and throat problems, if taken regularly in winters.
8. Apply liquorice (mulethi) paste around the throat for relief. Alternatively, you can also eat a plain betel leaf (pan) with liquorice 2-3 times a day. This is a simple and effective home remedies for throat irritation.
9. Pound 2-3 cloves (laung) and garlic (lahsun). Add them to a cup full of honey. Keep for 1-2 days. Have one teaspoon thrice a day. This is a popular home remedy for throat problems.
10. Mix half a teaspoon honey with half a teaspoon lemon juice. Take this mixture every 1-2 hours. This will relieve sore throat and irritation.
11. To get relief from throat pain, crush few margosa (neem) leaves in water. Remove pulp. Warm it up. Add a little honey and gargle three or four times a day.
12. Mix a teaspoon of onion (pyaz) juice with a teaspoon of honey. This is beneficial in reliving throat hoarseness.
13. Mix seeds of green cardamom (choti elaichi) with a tablespoon of honey. Lick every day. This is an effective home remedy for hoarse voice.
14. Extract the juice of ten holy basil (tulsi) leaves. Add a little of honey and lick it. This will soothe your throat nerves and your voice will be sweet again.
15. Add two tablespoon of fenugreek (methi) seeds to six cups of water. Heat the solution on low flame for 15-20 minutes. Cool it to bearable temperature. Strain and gargle with this solution, 2-3 times a day. This also relieve in hoarse voice.