Stomach ulcer can cause acute burning sensation and it also causes other problems such as vomiting, nausea, blood in stool. The structure of this ulcer can be similar to mouth ulcer, but it is formed inside the stomach. There are different types of stomach ulcers. It can be caused by the infection of bacteria called helicobacter Pylori, or it can be caused due to the deterioration of the stomach lining called mucosa, which protects the stomach from digestive acids released there.
Some common causes for the deterioration of the mucosal lining in the stomach causing ulcers are: use of medicines, taking too much tea or coffee, taking irregular diets or too much dieting. Excessive alcohol and smoking can also deteriorate the mucosa of the stomach. If a person has ulcers caused by the loss of mucosa, then he or she should not take medicines such as aspirin to control the pain.
1. Banana can be taken to reduce acid generation in stomach and tomato juice (without seeds and peel) can be taken, to get needed vitamins and minerals. Goat milk is effective in healing the sores of peptic ulcer.
2. Almond milk can be taken, as it provides minerals and vitamins to the stomach.
3. Juice of cabbage and carrot can be taken. (If the sore is big in the stomach, the physician may advise to take juices without fibres).
4. Yoghurt is effective in healing and can be taken with a paste of drumstick.
5. Wood apple leaves can be taken with a glass of water.
6. Only boiled and steamed food should be taken. Reduce the intake of oils and spices. Spices and hot food should be avoided.
7. All the diets taken should have less acid content and it should not cause any chemical or mechanical irritation, to the inner lining of the stomach. Food containing preservatives and chemicals should not be taken.
8. Fenugreek seeds paste can be taken to improve the condition thinning mucus.
9. Patients suffering from stomach ulcer caused by loss of mucus should take cold milk without sugar to reduce pain immediately. Although milk reduces pain, but a few patients may suffer from excessive secretion of acids in stomach on taking milk or may suffer from lactose intolerance. Acid is secreted in stomach by the calcium found in milk and hot milk should be avoided.
Some yoga and exercises can help the patients, who get excessive stomach acids due to stress and anxiety. Taking deep breathes and listening to good music may help to reduce stress. All the food products that form gas should be avoided. Taking minerals and vitamins supplement may not help if you are suffering from this ulcer because iron can upset the stomach and pain killer medicines can further damage the mucus. Boiled food and less acidic juices should be taken, and each meal should be taken on time. Waiting too long for food can initiate acid generation in stomach leading to pain.