Menstruation starts the reproductive phase in a girl and some girls below twenty years have problems related to menstruation such as stoppage of periods, excessive bleeding, diarrhoea, mental tension, pain in abdomen, excessive pain in the back, scanty menstruation, irregularity in periods and sometimes, vomiting and headaches during periods.
Some girls have very less menstruation or irregular periods, due to lack of hormones. Some suffer from delays in periods and it can even indicate some other kind of chronicle health problem. Sometimes, menses stops in women before reaching the suitable age of menopause and reasons for such untimely stoppage of periods can be worry or anxiety, or injury to the womb. There are also many other reasons for stoppage of menses. It can be stopped if the girl or women suffers from tuberculosis or some physical debility.
1. Parsley is the best thing for low menstruation. If you are suffering from scanty menstruation, then parsley can be taken, which enhances the secretion of female sex hormones such as estrogens. The women or the girl can suffer from irregularity of menstruation due to lack of the certain hormones. Parsley contains apiol, which controls the release of the hormone and it can be taken with beet root juice.
2. Ginger is an effective remedy for menstrual disorders. Ginger can be taken to get relieve from pain during periods. Ginger can be boiled in water for some time and mixed with sugar or honey to control the pain. The mixture can be taken two to three times in a day.
3. Unripe papaya is a good cleanser and it can be used to help the muscles of the uterus to get fibres needed to control menstrual flow. This is an effective home remedy.
4. Sometimes, periods are scanty because of mental stress or anxiety caused to the young girls and it can be controlled by taking papaya.
5. Girls below twenty can suffer from low menses due to anaemia and crushed sesame seeds help in reducing pain during menstruation and in also increasing the amount of blood flow. The seeds can be taken some days before the start of periods.
6. Sometimes, girls find it difficult to have periods on time and if it is not starting on time, herbs such as hemp can be taken with water.
7. Marigold can be taken to reduce pain during menses and allow proper flow of blood. Sometimes, girls suffer from excessive bleeding and to control excessive outflow, banana flower can be cooked and eaten with curd. There are many other herbs which can be used to control excessive bleeding such as mango bark, Asoka bark, Indian barbery, chaff etc.
There are many types of food products which can be taken to correct the disorder of menstruation. Young girls should take fresh fruit juices during periods as there is fatigue and weakness during periods. Milk can also be taken on all the five days of menses. Spicy food, tinned food, tea, coffee and pickles should be avoided during these days.