Arthritis disease is of hundred-and-fifty types and all the arthritis effects bone joints. It is a chronic disease, which can make a person handicapped or deform the body. Arthritis is common in old people and it can also be caused due to some kind of injury.
In osteoarthritis, the bone size increases but in rheumatoid arthritis, the arthritis not only affects the joints but can affect joint muscles and immune system of he body. Gout is also a kind of arthritis, where the person suffers from pain in thumb, elbows and knee pains. Arthritis effects people living n damp and cold climatic situations. It can also be caused after a bad fall or by an accident. People suffering from mineral and vitamin deficiency may suffer from bone deformities and sometimes, food allergies and psychological factors such as stress and hormonal imbalance may cause the problem.
1. Massage with olive oil can reduce pain.
2. Garlic, lavender, rosemary and sage oil can be mixed with olive oil to massage on the joints and to get immediate relief.
3. The patient should be given proper nutritious diet containing high amount of fibre to clean the bowel and to get rid of constipation.
4. Cold water and cold bath should be avoided, and the person should be given food rich in calcium, vitamin C and zinc.
5. Potato extract can be taken early in the morning in empty stomach.
6. Vinegar can be rubbed on the joints before going to bed and dandelion leaf extract can be taken to improve bowel movement.
7. Patients should do regular exercise and should not exert the muscles by sitting for long hours.
8. Sea salt can be added to the warm bath water to have a relaxed bath. This is another useful home remedy for rheumatoid arthritis.
9. Lemon and honey can be mixed and taken with warm water, at least twice a day.
10. Add cumin, turmeric, coriander, castor oil and garlic to baked egg-plant, to get relief from arthritis. The dish can be taken for 2 to 3 months.
11. Raw clove also helps in curing pain.
12. The herb guggulu is also effective and it can be taken after meal twice in a day. This herb is widely used as a natural remedy for rheumatoid arthritis.
13. Chillies, ginger mixed with sesame oil, can be rubbed on the joints.
14. Cinnamon oil, camphor and wintergreen, can be applied on the joints.
15. Patients must avoid eating fried, spicy and hot food.
16. Vegetables that form gases should not be taken by patients such as cauliflower, potatoes, cabbage, spinach and broccoli.
17. Tea, alcohol, coffee, white yoghurt and chocolates should not be taken.
18. The patient should stay away from stress, anxiety, grief and fear.
19. The diet should include beet root juice, coconut milk, vegetable juices, cucumber juice and fibrous vegetables such as pumpkin, squash and zucchini.
20. Antibiotics, steroids and nicotine should be avoided.
21. Vegetable soups and carrot juices are good home remedy for rheumatoid arthritis.
22. Massage with oils and physical exercise helps the patients from recovering from bone problems.