Arthritis is a condition, in which, joints are inflamed and can cause pain on walking or moving. There are many types of arthritis, and if the joint bones outgrow to make the bones of the joints to grind against each other, then the condition is called osteoarthritis. The growth of bone to cause osteoarthritis is called osteophytes. There are many reasons for osteoarthritis, which includes age and weakness in legs muscles. Sometimes, unequal growth of bones may cause osteoarthritis and it can also be caused by a misaligned spine.
Although, there are many types of arthritis, but mainly it can be categorized in two types: inflammatory arthritis and non inflammatory arthritis. The non-inflammatory arthritis is osteoarthrilis and it is caused when the joints structure deteriorates, due to some kind of external injury or due to too much movement or use. The second type of arthritis is called inflammatory arthritis, also called rheumatoid arthritis.
The common symptoms of osteoarthritis are swelling in the joints, stiffness, pain in the joints and cracking.
1. Onion paste can be applied on the joints. This is a good home remedy for
2. Mix warm water and turmeric powder, and apply it on the pain, two to three times in a day.
3. A paste of garlic and almonds, mixed in one to two ratios, can be applied to the joints. The joints should be massaged softly with the paste.
4. Ginger tea is extremely helpful in curing osteoarthritis.
5. Taking milk with turmeric powder before going to bed can help in controlling pain of the joints.
6. Depending on the symptoms and joints condition, the patient can apply either hot or cold packs on the joints. A pack of castor oil is also effective home remedy for
7. Losing weight is very important for the patient suffering from arthritis. Weight loss reduces pressure on the joints and it helps in reducing swelling.
8. Epsom salt can be applied to the bath water, to relax joint muscles.
9. Vitamin E oil is also effective in controlling pain in the joints and taking vitamin E massage before going to bed, helps the patient in relieving early morning pain.
10. You can prepare mixed tea using sage, rosemary, mint and thyme, in equal proportion and boil it in one litre of water. Taking one cup of the tea helps in controlling arthritis.
11. Yoga can also be effective, but the patient should consult an expert, before trying any physical exercise. There are also some kinds of physiotherapies offered by organizations, where medicinal plants and herbs are rubbed on the joints to treat osteoarthritis.
12. Eucalyptus mixture with water can be applied on the joints. Cabbage and potatoes can be applied externally on the joints to prevent inflammation. Rosemary oil can be used externally.
13. Adding ginger and birch to diet helps in curing osteoarthritis. Ginger tea is helpful in treating swollen joints, and birch is effective in treating osteoarthritis and other form of arthritis.
14. Habits such as sleeping late or sleeping during the day time should be avoided.