Low blood pressure, also known as hypotension is a condition that appears when an individual's blood pressure is lower than normal. The patients suffering from this condition will have the symptoms of dizziness, fatigue, rapid pulse rate, cold sweats, weakness and lethargy. He may faint due to lack of blood suffering to brain, heart and other organs of the body.
Low blood pressure if not treated properly can cause various complications. It is necessary to consult cardiac doctors and take the proper treatment and medications. The patient must avoid excess thinking, hurry, worry, excitement, anger, alcoholic drinks, tea and coffee. A healthy and peaceful life will keep the patient in normal blood pressure. Diet plays an important role in managing and controlling blood pressure.
One of the best ways to maintain blood pressure is to rejuvenate and revitalize the body with fresh fruit juice. Fruits such as apple, pineapple, orange, papaya, grapes should be taken every two to five hours. After following fruit diet for two to three weeks, a well balanced diet containing seeds, nuts, grains, vegetables and fresh fruits should be taken. Mild exercises such as walking, swimming along with sun air bath are allowed. A hot Epsom salt bath is also good for patient.
1. Take raw beetroot (chukandar) juice one glass two times a day. It is an effective home remedy for low blood pressure.
2. Use of salt is good to these patients and must be used with buttermilk or water till the low blood pressure is brought up to normal.
3. Regular use of honey mixed in milk helps to provide natural energy and works as a tonic for weakness.
4. Soak 10 to 15 dried grapes overnight in water. In the morning, crush them along with the water and drink the potion. Repeat for a few days. This is an effective home remedy for low blood pressure.
5. The ripe fruit of wood-apple (bilva or bael) is very nutritious and boost vigor and energy. Prepare its drink by beating the pulp of the fruit together with milk and sugar.
6. Pound one teaspoonful asparagus (shatavari) and withania somnifera (ashwagandha). Add half cup each milk and water and prepare a decoction. When the water evaporates, allow the mixture to cool gradually. Take this mixture twice a day with honey.
7. Grapes are refreshing and rejuvenating. Take fresh grapes or the juice extracted from them to boost up your energy levels.
8. Cardamom (elaichi) is a natural energy booster. Take one gram cardamom powder with lukewarm milk. This is a simple home remedy for low blood pressure.
9. Soak the groundnuts overnight in water. The sprouted nuts are highly nutritious. Taking sprouted nuts regularly for some days may improve your blood pressure.
10. Papaya is a natural source of vitamins, minerals and digestive enzymes. Include papaya to your daily diet and feel the energy boost.
11. Take 10 grams pulp of aloe vera (ghikumari) and one litre milk. Heat the mixture on a low flame till it thickens. Add sugar to taste. Take one teaspoon of this mixture twice a day. Continue for a few days. This is an effective home remedy for low blood pressure.
12. Grind dry fruit of Indian gooseberry (amla) into powder and mix equal quantity of sugar in a glass vessel. Take six grams of this powder daily in the morning on an empty stomach to cure heart problems, palpitation and weakness.