Leucoderma is also called Vitiligo, which is a skin pigmentation disease. The person suffering from leucoderma suffers from white and pale patches on the skin. The disease is caused due to loss of melanin in skin and it appears like nasty patches, especially, if it is found on people having dark complexion. The disease is not contagious and it does not spread from one person to other on coming in contact. It is caused only because of bad blood, but not by germs or infections. The disease starts with small patches on skin and later, it develops into big patches.
The disease is mostly hereditary, but it can also be seen in people, who do not have a family history of the skin problem. It can be caused by excessive stress, acute gastric disorder, problems in liver or by parasites. Other reasons for leucoderma are burns and injuries. Sometimes, fungal infections can cause the problem.
1. Radish seed paste is effective home remedy for leucoderma. The paste can be made by mixing thirty grams of radish seeds with cider vinegar and the solution can be applied to the patches and left to soak for some time.
2. Goosefoot vegetable can be consumed daily two times and after two months, change in skin color can be seen.
3. A concentrated mixture of turmeric paste, mustard oil and water can be applied to the skin and the paste can be left overnight on the patches.
4. A paste of tamarind seeds and babchi can be applied on the patches. This is an effective home remedy for leucoderma.
5. Drinking water kept in copper vessels also helps in curing leucoderma. The person suffering from skin patches can keep water in copper vessel for the whole night and consume it early in the morning.
6. Clay pack that posses medicinal qualities, found on the hill slopes and ginger juice can be mixed together to form a paste and it can be applied on the skin patches.
7. Basil extract can be taken before a meal to prevent skin problem.
8. Do not use chemicals and harsh soaps on skin. The skin should not be exposed to chemicals which cause allergic reactions leading to skin patches.
1. The person suffering from leucoderma suffers from toxins in blood and the toxins can be removed by drinking a good amount of water and fresh fruit juices every day.
2. The patient should avoid cosmetics, dangerous for skin.
3. The body should get all the vitamins and minerals and the patient may take supplements of certain vitamins and minerals.
4. To cleanse the body of toxins the person suffering from skin problem should stay without food for a day. Fasting helps in cleaning the digestive tract. The patient should take only raw fruits or fresh fruits juices. Instead of sugar, honey can be taken as sweetener during fast. Cleansing the body through fasting can be done for two months and during this time, the person should not take beverages such as tea, coffee or alcohol, and should avoid food that stick to the digestive tract such as food made from white wheat flour.