Our kidneys perform a vital function in our body by filtering blood and removing waste materials. Kidney pain is probably due to urinary tract infection, inflammation, toxic buildup, infection, or stones. This type of pain is felt just below the ribcage on the backside towards the midline. Chronic or severe pain should be examined by a doctor immediately. Home remedies for kidney pain are very helpful in relieving and reducing the severity of the condition.
1. Cranberries help in treating bladder infections and are good for the kidneys as well. They are useful in dissolving kidney stones, and raise the acidity level of the urine, which enables it to kill bacteria in the urinary tract, bladder and kidney. You can take cranberries in the form of juice but make sure it is the pure and unsweetened.
2. Watermelon is a useful natural remedy for kidney stones and pain associated with it. It is most effective when eaten by itself so that it passes through your system quickly. You can also prepare a tea of watermelon seeds. This tea if taken regularly can stimulate the kidneys and assist in breaking up stones.
3. Drink plenty of water for the good health of your kidneys. Drinking lots of fluids clear away the toxins and pus cells from the urinary tract.
4. Grapes and celery are well known for their beneficial effects in treating kidney ailments. Regular intake of celery (ajmud) can help prevent the formation of stones for those who are prone to them. Grapes are rich in water and low in albumin and sodium chloride, which can contribute to kidney problems. Include them in your diet to promote healthy functioning of this organ.
5. Make a powder of 25 grams of basil (tulsi) leaves, 25 grams of carom seed (ajwain) and 12 grams of black salt and keep in a glass bottle. Take two grams of this mixture morning and evening with warm water. Take this for two days in case of pain in the kidney region and you will definitely get relief.
6. Red bell peppers (shimla mirch, capsicum) contain lycopene, an antioxidant that can protect against cancer. They are rich in vitamins A, B-6, C and folic acid, which are good for the entire body as well as the kidneys. They are also low in potassium, which is preferred when experiencing kidney problems.
7. Egg whites are a good source of protein without the phosphorus contained in other protein sources such as egg yolks or red meat. They are also rich in all essential amino acids. They can help your kidneys stay healthy and prevent pain.