Dyspepsia or indigestion can cause pain, acidity and gas in the stomach. Dyspepsia is a condition, caused by abnormalities in digestion process and in dyspepsia, the patient may have functional problems either in the nerve, which controls the organ or in the nerve that connects to the spinal cord or the brain.
The factors causing indigestion or dyspepsia are
2. Eating without chewing the food properly
3. Food allergies
4. Lack of physical exercise
5. Unhealthy food
The main symptoms of dyspepsia are
1. Pain in upper abdomen
3. Belching (Belching can be caused by excessive air in the stomach and it can cause discomfort in the abdomen)
4. Sensation of fullness on eating small amount of food
1. Eating fruits for two to three days helps in cleaning the complete bowel system of the body. Fruits such as grapes, apples, pineapples, oranges and melon, can be taken, but tinned fruits or fruit juices, having chemicals should not be taken.
2. In case, the patient is suffering from severe dyspepsia, he or she is advised to eat only fruits and avoid cooked food and grains for two to three day and after two days, the patient can take diet containing buttermilk and vegetables. Spices, vinegar, alcohol, tobacco, tea and meats should not be taken, when taking fruits. Cheese, rice, potato and tinned food, should be avoided during this period.
3. Chewing ginger with rock salt helps in cleaning the bowel and for flatulence, garlic can be taken.
4. Vitamin B complex capsule helps in cleaning the bowel system. It can be taken to digest starchy food.
5. Carrot juice or coconut water helps in soothing stomach aches.
6. Pineapple juice helps in cleaning the bowel system.
7. Honey and ginger mixed with lukewarm water can be taken with lemon juice to get rid of indigestion. The mixture can be taken in empty stomach.
8. Grape juice is helpful in indigestion and it helps in cleaning the bowel.
9. Lemon juice aids the stomach in digestion process. The acidic feature of lemon juice helps the stomach to digest the food. It is also helpful in curing bacterial infections in stomach.
10. Trachyspermum copticum (ajwain) can be taken for acidity, gas and indigestion with rock salt, to reduce abdominal pain and bloating.
11. Drink water kept in copper vessel.
1. Do not take meal and water together, but hot soup can be taken with a meal. Soup helps in digestion, whereas cold drinks or cold water can cause indigestion.
2. Do not eat in a hurry. Chew the food properly.
3. Do not overeat; eat less than the amount that fills the stomach.
4. Eat quietly, without stress or anxiety.
5. Steamed vegetables are better than boiled vegetables.
6. Too many varieties of vegetables should not be mixed together. (Protein and starch should not be mixed because both the food items are digested differently).
7. If somebody is suffering from indigestion, he or she should stay away from food products, which can further cause constipation and indigestion, such as white flour, meat and pickles.