Frequent urination is a condition where a person urinates more than once every couple of hours during the day, or get up several times during the night. The common causes of increased urination include urinary tract infection, bladder dysfunction, excessive fluid intake, enlarged prostate, prostatitis, bladder cancer, pregnancy, diabetes, radiation therapy, interstitial cystitis and certain medications.
Aging is another important cause of this condition. As you get older, the muscle of the bladder loses elasticity and tone. As a result, your bladder's capacity can be reduced, causing increased urination. Muscular disability, pelvic muscle weakness, chronic diseases, tumors, infection, cognitive impairment, and environment may also cause urinary incontinence in advancing age.
1. Regular intake of cranberry (karonda) juice is beneficial in treating disorders of the urinary tract as well as for kidney infections.
2. Mix 20 grams of sesame (til) and molasses together and form small balls. Take this in the morning and evening for four to five days. It helps in reducing the frequency of urination. This treatment is appropriate to use in winters.
3. Take two ripe bananas after lunch for a week. For better result, drink juice of Indian gooseberry (amla) mixed with sugar after the intake of bananas. This is helpful for those who pass urine frequently and in large quantity or with burning sensation.
4. Chew 25 grams of roasted grams with peels and after that take 25 grams of molasses and drink a glass of water. Take this for 10-15 days in the evening. This help in the treatment of polyuria. Old people should continue this treatment for at least a month.
5. Grapes are also useful home remedy in reducing the frequency of urine.
6. Take fenugreek (methi) vegetable recipe daily for 10 to 15 days. It will reduce the amount of urine. It also helps in eliminating mucous coming along with urine.
7. Daily intake of spinach (palak) in the evening reduces the frequency of urine at night.
8. Juice of drumstick (saijan) leaves taken with carrot or cucumber juice reduces the increased frequency of urine.
9. Do not drink aerated beverages, tea, coffee, soft drinks and alcohol.