Hysteria is a condition in which the patient suffers from fear and he or she loses self control. The people suffering from hysteria are emotionally vulnerable and the condition is mostly caused by depression, worry, stress, strain and hereditary reasons. There are many emotional patterns such as need for approval, manipulative behavior, self indulgence and feeling of getting hurt, which can be found in these people. Patient may even suffer from hysteria caused by sex related issue. The problem is most commonly found in women than in men and it has been found that the recurrence of hysteria goes over after the age of twenty five.
1. Patient have clenched teeth
2. Inability to speak
3. Emotional liability
4. Theatrical emotional display
5. Easily influenced
6. Wants to impress but lacks details
7. People fail to understand the real situation
9. Muscle cramps
10. Breath rate is fast
11. Nervous disorder
12. Swelling in the neck veins and muscles are tensed
13. Laughing or crying without reason
1. Drink a lot of fresh juice made from lettuce leaves and Indian gooseberry. Drinking amla juice early in the morning helps.
2. Honey is effective in curing emotional disorders. Honey can be taken with water early in the morning in empty stomach.
3. Asafetida can be roasted and taken in food. The smell of asafetida prevents emotional attack.
4. Jambul is effective in emotional problems and it can be taken with salt everyday for two weeks.
5. Bottle guard paste can be applied on the head of the patient.
6. Taking diet only of fruits and staying away from refined grains for one or two days, helps in curing hysteria. The patient can take vegetables, fruits and milk for some days.
7. Stay away from alcohol, drugs, smoking and sugar products.
8. Exercising and yoga helps in providing proper oxygen to the body to allow easy circulation of blood and to reduce stress.
9. Rauwolfia is an herb, which can be powdered and it can be taken with milk every day in the morning and evening. It is an effective home remedy for hysteria.
10. Regular exercising and taking enough rest is important. Head massage can also help in improving blood circulation.
11. Cabbage juice is effective in the treatment of mental disorders.
12. A diet rich in vitamins and minerals should be taken to prevent malnutrition. Pineapple juices, grapes, jambul and apples are rich source of vitamin C. Take a lot of water and fluids to prevent dehydration. A positive life style should be adopted and one should do concentration and breathing exercises.
13. The patient should be kept away from visuals, things or people, who can cause psychological stress.
14. Food causing constipation should be avoided.
15. People suffering from hysteria sometimes have very low self confidence and they fear of losing something, and such people should be given treatment to boost self confidence. Counseling is helpful for these patients and one should be counseled to think positively in life.