Hives is a skin disease which results in patches and rings all over the body. In medical terminology it is called as Urticaria. Also called as nettle-rash, this disease can be acute, chronic or recurrent. It majorly results from the secretion of chemical called Histamine in the body parts. This is usually the result of coming in contact with an allergen; however it can happen even if you are not allergic to it.
* Itchy, swelled and painful skin covered by red colored patches or rings.
* Have the difficulty in breathing or swallowing.
* Having a rapid and irregular heartbeat.
* It can sometimes lead to dizziness or unconsciousness.
* Fever and digestive disorders can also follow.
* The digestive disorders can lead to hives.
* Some drugs can also cause the situation of urticaria.
* Certain food items including mushrooms, tomatoes, fish, eggs and nuts can often lead to urticaria.
* Bites from certain mosquitoes and bugs can be the reasons for the condition.
* The condition is sometimes hereditary and is unknown in most of the cases.
* Being exposed to extreme situations of weather can also lead to this condition.
* Sometimes excessive sweating can also lead to hives.
The remedies from doctors for the disease are often not effective as much as the home remedies are. These are usually free from side effects and can be applied any time at home.
* Stay away from the allergen or triggering agent which causes the condition.
* Apply the cool compression and it will help you take away some pain and itch. This is a common home remedy for hives.
* Apply calamine lotion on the infected part of body, and it will relive the itchy feeling.
* Milk of magnesia which is an alkaline solution helps reduce the itching sensation.
* Peppermint or passionflower tea is also helpful home remedy for urticaria.
* Aloe vera gel and Vitamin E oil works really well to reduce the condition of Urticaria.
* Avoid eggs, berries, strawberries, chocolate, cheese, tomatoes and other allergen triggering food.
* Using acupressure and massaging the trapezius muscle which is between neck and shoulder helps clear the red and white patches of body.
* Drink a glass of water dissolved with a tablespoon full of salt. This will tickle the throat and will help in reducing eruptions which are the causes of digestive system induced Urticaria.
* Rub the finely ground powder of equal quantities of red ochre and alum on the infected part. This is considered as very effective home remedies for hives.
* One of the common home remedies for hives is rose water and vinegar. Almost equal quantities of rose water and vinegar when mixed together and applied on itchy part having severe eruptions, gives the immediate relief.
* Drink a cup of water mixed with two tablespoons of turmeric and it will help in relieving from the symptoms of Urticaria.
* Having a cup of water mixed with one gram of powdered Rauwolfia root, relieves the itching sensation in Urticaria.
* Have a diet of three meals each consisting of fresh juicy fruits only, for five days and this will treat the cause of Urticaria which is digestive system upsets.