Human beings are warm blooded creatures and the body has mechanisms to regulate the temperature. But if the climatic conditions are extremely humid and hot, the body could not cool itself through the evaporation process because in humid climatic condition evaporation is low. Sometimes, the external temperature can raise the temperature of the human body to some high levels to cause heat illness. The condition can damage the brain and internal body parts, and it may even be fatal. People, who have a low immunity and those who suffer from other medical problems, are at a high risk of getting a heat stroke in summer.
1. Loss of fluid
2. Body temperature goes up
3. Staying for long in heat
4. Excessive exercising in hot climate or doing strenuous activities in sun
5. Age: Old and infants are at a high risk of getting a sunstroke
6. Intake of alcohol
7. Low blood sugar level
8. Imbalance in hormones
9. Use of depressants or blood pressure drugs
1. Pale color skin
2. Dry skin
3. Increase in blood pressure
5. Muscle cramps
9. Elevation in temperature and increased pulse rate
1. Taking onions helps in curing sun stroke. Onion can be taken as salads and onion can be smeared on the forehead. If one has to go out to do some work in heat, he or she can take chopped onions and take it in diet after frying it with cumin seeds.
2. Plum can be mashed and soaked in water, and the water can be strained and taken just before going to bed. It prevents irritation and comforts the patient.
3. Tamarind can be taken to reduce temperature rise caused by heat stroke. Tamarind extract can be taken with sugar two times in a day to get rid of heat stroke.
4. Yoghurt is effective in treating stroke and it can be taken every day in humid and hot climatic condition to prevent heat stroke.
5. Butter milk is an effective treatment against bowel disorder caused by heat stroke. Taking roasted cumin seeds powder with buttermilk and rock salt helps in curing sun stroke.
6. Eating fresh cucumber or taking cucumber juice helps in curing heat stroke.
7. Taking mint in diet everyday to prevent heat attack on the body. A juice of mint paste, tamarind, cumin seed powder and rock salt, is extremely relaxing in hot summers.
8. Apple cider vinegar is effective in treating health issues caused by excessive heat.
9. Watermelon juice can be taken.
10. Infants should be given water in every hour mixed with salt and sugar, in case the infants are suffering from heat stroke. Heat stroke may reduce the blood sugar level in infants and it may cause dehydration.
11. Mango juice - made from boiling or roasting raw mango and making a juice with roasted cumin seeds, jiggery, honey, pepper and salt is extremely helpful in curing heat stroke.
12. Aloe Vera juice, coriander juice, coconut milk, rose water and juice of holy basil leaves are effective in cooling the body.