Falling hair can be a cause for anxiety because it can indicate an internal health problem or just a change of weather. Sometimes, the lack of certain minerals and vitamins can cause hair loss. Hair is made up of keratin and in women, on an average its growth takes place at a rate of 1.2 cm per month. Hair growth is fastest in the age group of 15-30 years.
It can be caused by a prolonged medical condition, poor hygiene, lack of vitamins, minerals and lack of folic acid. Baldness in men can be hereditary.
1. Indian gooseberry (amla) is one of the best home remedy for hair loss. The powder of Indian gooseberry can be mixed with coconut oil and applied on scalp. Rubbing scalp with fingers and oil helps the scalp to activate the sebaceous glands of the scalp and to increase blood circulation in the body, which helps in healthy growth of the hair.
2. The paste of fenugreek seeds should be applied on the scalp and the paste can be left for almost forty minutes. The paste can be applied for almost a month.
3. Mustard oil boiled with henna (L. inermis) powder is effective in treating hair loss and bald patches.
4. Lime juice mixed with coconut oil or coconut milk can also be applied.
5. Black gram paste and fenugreek paste mixed together, can help in cleaning the roots of the hair and to enhance proper growth.
6. Hot olive oil, cinnamon powder and honey can be mixed and applied on the scalp. It is a good home remedy for hair loss.
7. Aloe vera mixed with triphala powder made from three myrobalans, is effective in treating hair loss.
8. Black pepper paste can also be applied with curd, to clean the hair and scalp.
9. Amaranth juice, lettuce juice and spinach juice are good for body and hair growth.
10. Margosa can be applied to the scalp and it is also effective against any kind of scalp infection.
11. Lime seeds and pepper seeds can be mashed together to make a fine paste which stimulates hair growth.
12. Onion can be rubbed on the bald patch for some time, until, the scalp becomes red and then honey can be applied on the bald patch, and the paste can be left for the night.
13. Almond oil massage or powder of shana seeds mixed with sesame oil or coconut.
14. Hair loss can be also be prevented by taking a diet high in nutrients. The food should have good amount of nuts, seeds, green leafy vegetables and citrus fruits. The food should have milk, vegetable oil, honey, yeast and wheat germ to give you extra minerals and vitamins. The hair should not be combed, when it is wet and the oil massage should be done before applying shampoos. Strong chemicals should not be applied to scalp skin as the scalp may get allergic to certain chemicals. Herbal treatment can be taken for scalp problems such as dandruff or infections.