Hair loss is a common problem seen in both men and women of all age group. It can occur due to several reasons. Moderate hair loss can occur after delivery of a child, following a serious illness or from malnourishment. Permanent dyeing also does a little damage, provided the chemical solutions are not left for too long on the hair.
Shampooing removes natural oil. Herbal and medicated shampoos work best if allowed to remain in the scalp for at least five minutes prior to rinsing. Cosmetics, environmental pollutants, sun, wind and heat are all responsible for its damaging.
To prevent hair loss, you need to keep them clean and dirt free. Wash when they feels oily. This is the best way to ensure healthy growth. Protein shampoos add protein that adds shine. A healthy balanced diet that includes green vegetables and fruits such as carrots should be included in your diet. A diet of only milk, fruits and vegetable salads for seven days helps in controlling hair fall.
1. Apply coconut (nariyal) oil medicated with Eclipta Alba (bhringraj) or Indian gooseberry (amla) at least once a week at night and wash in the morning. Massage your scalp with the palms and the fingertips for at least ten minutes. This is one of the popular home remedies for hair care.
2. Immerse split black gram (chane ki dal) in milk or water. Blend it and apply on your hair, twice a week and wash after an hour. The hair becomes black, dense, clean, soft and shining. It also relieves itching and cures boils in the head.
3. Rub your body and scalp with a dry towel for ten minutes before bathing. This will improve blood circulation.
4. Application of henna (mehendi) for 15 days helps in hair maintenance. Boil equal quantities of Indian gooseberry (amla) and shikakai powder in water and let this cool. Now add henna powder, a little lemon juice and egg. It is a common home remedy for hair care.
5. After washing the hair cover your head with a towel soaked and squeezed in warm water. This will improve blood circulation.
6. Bathe with Epsom salt mixed in water twice a week. It is very helpful in preventing existing loss.
7. Add two teaspoons of coconut (nariyal) oil in one teaspoon of lemon juice and apply on your scalp slowly with the fingertips. This is another popular home remedy for hair care and dandruff.
8. Combing should be done 2-3 a day with a wooden comb. Brushing distribute the oils secreted by the scalp and add shine to the hair. Excessive brushing may cause hair fall.
9. Take one teaspoon of Indian gooseberry (amla) powder with water before sleeping for a few months regularly to control grey hair.
It is a natural remedy for hair care.
10. Regular practice of Shirshasan and Sarvagasan prevents existing loss by making roots strong. It also stops graying of hairs, making them black, soft and shiny.
11. You can also prepare your own herbal shampoo at home. Immerse 100gms fuller's Earth (multani mitti) in water. After two hours prepare a paste and apply gently in the hair. Wash after 5-10 minutes in summers with normal water and warm water in winters. If hair is very dirty, do it twice a week. This will make them soft, silky and long.
What Causes Hair Loss
What Causes Dandruff, Dandruff Causes
Dandruff Prevention and Natural Treatment
Natural Home Remedies for Hair Loss