Gout is caused due to accumulation of excessive uric acid in the body. If uric acid level rises above a certain level in the body, the patient suffers from the deposition of uric acid crystals in the bone joints. Uric acid crystals are not distilled through the kidney and the bones joints may have a high amount of uric acid crystal deposits. The joints swell up and the big toe, knees, hands, elbows and wrists are affected by gout. The deposition of uric acid crystals can be formed anywhere in the body, including the skin and urinary tract.
Some of the common symptoms of gout are pain and inflammation in joints, which mostly affects the patients during night, and pain may start suddenly and stay for some days. The pain attack is also called gout attacks, where the pain goes after a few days of attack. During the gout pain, swelling can be seen in the joints and the joint skin gets red and tender.
1. Eating lots of cherries and fruits rich in vitamin C can help in fighting gout. The patient can either eat cherries or take a glass of cherry juice.
2. Apply a paste of ginger to the joint or the body part, suffering from gout pain.
3. Lemons are rich in vitamin C, and it can help the patient if taken thrice a day.
4. Drinking lots of water helps the uric acid crystals to dissolve in body fluid and get washed out through the urine.
5. Juice of fresh vegetables such as beans, can help in reducing gout pain.
6. Mustard paste can be applied to the effected part of the body and the paste should be left for the whole night. This is a good home remedy for gout.
7. Fresh fruits such as bananas are rich in minerals and iron, and it will help the patient to get elements that reacts with uric acid to eliminate it from the body.
8. The body part suffering from gout pain can be soaked in Epsom salt and it will reduce pain and also enhance blood flow.
9. Juice of black cherry can be taken. This is an effective home remedy for gout.
10. Alfafa and Indian gooseberry can be taken to get minerals and vitamins, which can reduce uric acid crystals from the body.
11. Raw garlic and apples are helpful in curing pain. The patient suffering from gout should take care to eat fresh and raw food, which is good in vitamins and minerals.
12. People who are overweight should try to control their weight by eating more fibres and food low in fat and carbohydrate.
13. The dental hygiene should be maintained and the digestive system should be cleaned, to prevent intestinal infection and gas.
14. Smoking and alcohol intake can be extremely dangerous to patient suffering from gout problem.
15. Patient can shift eating habits from non vegetarian to vegetarian diet. Intake of red meat and eggs can be reduced. Medicines can be taken to control the production of uric acid in the body.