Fungal infections are quite common and persistent infections caused by fungi on the skin. This infective fungus can infect any part of the skin. Hereunder are some very common fungal infections that affect the body.
1. Athlete's foot affecting the areas of the feet.
2. Jock Itch-a fungal infection taking place in the groin area.
3. Yeast infections taking place in the vagina.
4. Thrush which affects the mouth. Babies usually get thrush.
5. One of the other common fungal infections is the ringworm. It appears to be circular and the skin tends to be red.
Here are the symptoms for fungal infections
1. Itching and redness that usually takes place between the toes
2. Blisters on the toes
3. The nails become thick and yellowish in color
4. Pain around genitals
5. White or yellow coating in the mouth or throat or on the tongue
6. Soreness while having intercourse
7. Rashes in red and white patches on wet skin areas
8. Thick white vaginal discharge
9. Itchy red bumps in the groin. Rashes may even extend to inner thighs and bumps.
Several ways to prevent this fungal infection are
1. Have a bath daily.
2. Expose your feet to natural air.
3. Wash your clothes regularly after each use.
4. Avoid wearing tight shoes and underwear.
5. Wear underclothes made of cotton.
6. Don't share towels with anyone and change your clothes as soon as you finish doing exercise.
The home remedies for fungal infection are as hereunder -
1. Wash your feet at least twice a day and dry them properly especially after swimming.
2. Try and give plenty of natural air to your feet.
3. Use anti-fungal spray on the groin at least four times a day until the rashes go away.
4. Avoid wearing tight underwear's and pants.
5. Dry your groin daily after shower.
6. In order to lessen white coat, gently wash your mouth.
7. Apply anti fungal powder, cream to your feet and also put some powder in your shoes daily.
8. Change your underwear daily to maintain proper hygiene.
9. Use condoms or stop having sex until and unless you are treated.
10. Wash your shoes at least once a week.
11. Avoid wearing the same socks daily.
Skin infections that are caused by bacteria and fungi can be removed with the assistance of many herbs and herbal remedies.
Applying herbs such as myrrh, black walnut, oil of castor bean on the affected area can be of great help. It helps in eliminating most harmful fungi and bacteria when these herbs are used. Aloe Vera gel can also be applied on the affected area. The skin resistance increases by the use of millet and silica.
Add few drops of Tea tree oil in water and apply it to the affected area. Tea tree oil is both bactericidal as well as fungicidal. You should note that the affected area of the skin should not be wet i.e. it should be dried properly and carefully. You can also mix Tea tree oil, olive oil and apply to the affected area for better results.