Gas trouble is caused either by some intestinal problem or by the diet. If you take diet rich in fat and carbohydrate, you can suffer from gas problems. There are two types of food products that can cause flatulence: food products high in protein and vitamins (such as kidney beans) and food high in fibres (such as fruits). Some of the fruits, vegetables and food products, which can produce flatulence, are apple, pears, cabbage, beans, Brussels sprouts, peas broccoli, corn, cream, citrus fruits, eggplant, ice cream, beans of all types, lentils, oats, onions, pastries, potatoes, tomatoes, wheat bread, raisin and radish. Dairy products can also cause gas.
Sometimes, certain medicines can cause acidity and burning sensation in stomach, and it can be prevented by taking food products, which can reduce the acidity of the stomach. The problem of flatulence is most common in people suffering from obesity and it can even be hereditary. It can also be caused by stress or constipation. Food poisoning and fructose mal-absorption are other common reasons for flatulence.
Flatulence can be serious if the person is suffering from gastroenteritis disorders. Flatulence gets embarrassing if it happens many times a day or makes sound, or causes smelly flatus.
Read about Flatulence Herbal Treatment
1. Gas is caused by acidity and drinking cold milk, helps in reducing acidity.
2. Mint leaves and peppermint are effective home remedies for flatulence.
3. Asafoetida can be taken with warm water, if you feel the stomach is full. Asafoetida can be taken with black salt.
4. One of the common home remedies for flatulence is garlic. Taking garlic clove helps in preventing accumulation of gas in stomach.
5. Ginger added to lemon juice can be taken, in case of, abdomen pain caused due to gas.
6. People suffering from gas problem, should not drink carbonated drinks and should eat only freshly prepared food.
7. People, who do not take food on time as per the daily schedule, may get flatulence problem. If you are going somewhere and couldn't take food on time, eat fruits or take fruit juice.
8. Walking is a good exercise for tummy and you can go on a walk daily early morning.
9. Spicy hot food containing lots of fats can cause flatulence and it should not be taken much.
10. People suffering from lactose intolerance can reduce the intake of milk. Sometimes people find it difficult in digesting sugar with milk, and if you have such problem, you can take milk products with salt.
11. Artificial sweeteners or chemicals, used for storing products can cause intestinal gas.
12. People who eat fast and swallow air with food may get gas problem.
13. The posture of the person taking a meal should be proper to allow gas to come out through mouth.
14. Some of the food items that can cause gas are Postnasal drip can cause air swallowing and it should be avoided.
15. Coconut water and yoghurt is efficient in reducing acidity in stomach.
16. The patient should avoid taking tobacco, meat, spices and reduce intake of beverages tea and coffee.