Ear disorders can be very painful and many people suffer from pain due to infections inside it. Ear is divided in three parts. The inner infection can cause symptoms such as giddiness or headaches. The outer infection can be caused by bacteria or fungal infection and pain can also be caused by injury or cold. The middle part generally, gets infected by cold. Infection in internal part doesn't cause pain, and infection in outer or middle part, can be very painful.
Ear infection caused by cold: The middle part of the ear is blocked, when the person suffers from cold and pain is caused due to the blockage of the Eustachian tube.
1. Garlic is always effective in ear disorders.
2. The patient can also take warm compress on the ear.
3. The outer portion of the ear can be cleaned using vinegar and water with a cotton cloth, in case of fungal infection.
Bacterial infection in children: It happens in case, the middle ear also known as otitis media is infected and in older children, the problem of swimmer's ear is common.
1. Raw garlic should be chewed to kill bacterial infection and garlic juice can even relieve pain.
2. Fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C can be taken to improve the immunity of the body.
3. Milk products can increase infection and it should not be taken. Low fat diet prevents the production of atherosclerotic plaque in the blood vessels of the ear.
Conductive hearing disorder: Hearing loss is a big problem where the patient may suffer from conductive hearing loss or from nerve deafness. In conductive hearing loss problem, the patient could not hear because damage is caused to the middle ear. The middle ear may be blocked and it can be cured only through surgery, whereas, nerve deafness can be caused due to aging or tumor. The people suffering from high cholesterol may also suffer from this problem.
Ear tinnitus: It is caused by the damage to the ossicles, found in the middle ear, which can be damaged by some drugs or diabetes or high blood pressure or by malnutrition.
Meniere's disease: It is also an ear disorder, which can be caused by the presence of fluid in the ear.
1. Take low salt diet and take raw ginger to reduce pain.
2. Fruits and fresh vegetables can be taken to boost the immunity level of the body and to get the needed nutrients.
Precautions: The person suffering from ear disorders should take some precautions:
1. Stay away from smoking area as it may enhance infection and may even cause dryness in ear and mouth.
2. The earwax can be removed with a cotton clothes but do not use any objects or sharp objects to clean the earwax. Even the buds or swabs should not be used because it may force the wax onto the ear drum.
3. If the infections stays for long or comes back after some days, it may need surgery.