Dysentery is a microbial infection that is extremely distressing condition. In dysentery, there is blood and mucous in small frequent loose stools. This may be accompanied by abdominal pain and sometimes fever and dehydration in advanced cases. General malaise, listlessness, coated tongue and restlessness may also occur in this condition.
Since it involves loss of water from the body, you need to keep yourself properly hydrated to prevent other problems associated with it. You must increase your water and fluid intake. Dysentery may spread to other family members through the clothes and bed-sheets of the patients. Some home remedies for dysentery are very helpful in relieving and reducing the severity of the condition.
1. Boil two teaspoons of coriander (dhania) in a cup of water. When bearable, drink this decoction. This is very effective home remedy for dysentery.
2. Extract the juice of ginger (adrak) in warm water. Now add a teaspoonful of castor oil in this decoction. Drink it. Continue this treatment for a couple of days to treat dysentery completely.
3. Take some dried large raisin seeds. Dry some orange peels in the sun. Powder them together to get a very fine powder. Add this powder in water and drink it. Continue the treatment for four days. Dysentery will stop.
4. Add the pulp of the fruit of bilva (bael) to a glass of buttermilk. Drink this buttermilk after the pulp of the fruit has been properly mixed in it. This is another useful home remedy for dysentery.
5. Make a fine powder by grinding two grams of fenugreek (methi) seeds. Add this powder to a bowl of curd. Take this three times a day. This is helpful in relieving the condition.
6. Extract the pulp of raw bilva (bael) fruit and roast it on a fire. Mix into an equal amount of jaggery (gur) or honey and take two or three times.
7. Prepare an infusion from lemon and taken on an empty stomach. This is also beneficial in relieving this condition.
8. Mix two parts powdered chebulic myrobalan (harad) and one part powdered long pepper. Take one gram of this powder with warm water after meals twice for three to seven days.
9. Mix isabgol powder with curd (yoghurt) and add some roasted, powdered cumin seeds (jeera). Take two or three times a day.
10. Take 300 grams fennel (saunf) and divide into equal parts. Roast one part, now mix both the parts and make powder. Take 300 grams of sugar candy and powder it. Now add sugar candy (powdered) to the fennel powder. Take two teaspoons of this mixture four times a day with some water.
11. Prepare a powder from the dried flower of the mango tree. This is another simple home remedy for dysentery.
12. Pomegranate (anar) juice is beneficial in amoebic dysentery.
13. Mash banana peels, add some black salt in it and then chew slowly to cure chronic dysentery. You can also take two bananas with 125 grams of curd to cure all intestinal ailments.
14. Take roasted isabgol seeds. They have the tendency to bind the loose stools and are helpful in relieving the condition.