Cirrhosis is the condition caused by the abnormalities in the liver cells, which damages the functioning of liver, reduces its capacity to clean the blood, and it also obstructs proper flow and functioning of bile, which can cause irregularity in the functioning of liver to be unable to remove toxic substances from the body. Liver cells are damaged due to some kind of injury or inflammation.
Some causes of cirrhosis are
1. Damage caused by chemicals or alcohol.
2. Virus attacks or Infections.
3. Accumulation of copper, iron or fat, in liver caused by hereditary condition.
4. Damage to auto - immune system.
Liver damage in cirrhosis is irreversible and if it is left untreated the patient may die of liver problem.
Read more about Liver Support Supplement
1. Spinach and carrots are high in nutrition, and mixtures of juices of spinach and carrot can be taken by the patient.
2. Black papaya seeds can be grinded and taken with lemon juice, at least one to two times in a day for a month.
3. Fig is effective in cirrhosis; it can be taken two times in a day with sugar candy and water.
4. Glucose can be taken to feel energetic.
5. Juice of radish leaves can be taken early in the morning in empty stomach.
6. Buttermilk with salt and roasted cumin seeds is effective in curing liver irregularities.
7. Lemon juice with salt taken can be taken two to three times in a day.
8. Carrot seed oil is effective against liver problems. The oil is mainly produced from daucus carota, where the carrot seeds are processed through steam distillation, to extract the oil. The seeds oil helps in elimination the toxins from the body, which can damage the liver.
9. Vitamin C is effective in curing liver problems and it can be taken to boast the immune system of the body. It also helps in aiding the digestive process and reducing cholesterol levels.
1. Eat fresh fruits and salads before taking any meal.
2. Do not take spicy, hot, fried or junk food, which are unhealthy and difficult to digest. Spices should be avoided.
3. Mental stress and anxiety should be avoided, and one should have limited physical activities.
4. Milk products high in proteins and refined grains such as wheat products should be avoided. Most of the refined powdered grains are low in nutrition and it is difficult to digest.
5. Smoking can be dangerous.
6. Do not take meat or half-baked products, which are difficult to digest.
7. Carbonated drinks and cold drinks, which have a high amount of chemicals and preservatives, should be avoided.
8. Restrict the intake of beverages such as tea or coffee.
9. Stay away from alcohol.
10. People suffering from cirrhosis should reduce the intake of fat and protein. Instead you can take food having carbohydrate.
Some of the famous ayurvedic herbs used for treatment of liver problems are Bhringraj, Kaalmegha and Bhumyamlaki. Extract of trailing eclipta is also helpful in curing liver problems and it can be taken three times in a day with honey.