Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) are inclusive of bladder irritation and the infection due to various microbes. The bladder infection acts on the urinary bladder and it can also spread to kidney or prostate in few cases. It can be acute or chronic for few people. An acute infection occurs fast and cured early with a single episode. Whereas in the other case a chronic or reoccurring infection affects the person at a slow growth rate and lasts for longer and multiple times.
It is majorly seen in the women of age group 20 to 50. A pregnant mother is also prone to the bladder infection. It is hereditary too and can pass on from mother to daughter. It can also be caused due to the kidney stone or enlarged prostate. People using the spermicidal or contraceptive agents are more likely to develop this disease.
If you have the infection in your bladder, you will have a series of symptoms some of which includes - intense increase in the frequency of urination, pain while urinating, pain while lovemaking, depression, anxiety, fatigue, weakness, blood traces in urine and slight fever.
A number of home remedies can be used to cure the infection. A majority of these are about using the herbs, which act by increasing the urination to flush out the infection from the bladder. Others can also include the anti-microbial effects. Some of these remedies can be applied as mentioned below -
1. Collect the water after boiling barley in a vessel and mix it with a little quantity of lemon juice. Drinking this will help reduce the problem.
2. If you are a pregnant mother, an infusion of marigold and nettle consumed everyday is helpful to act against the bladder infection.
3. The tea made from Thyme, marshmallow and corn milk is a good home remedy for bladder infection. The liquorice root can help to give the aromatic smell to the tea.
4. Dried leaves of yarrow, agrimony and plantin, mixed into equal quantities and made into a decoction in water can be consumed for few days to cure the blood in urine symptoms.
5. Ladyfinger when boiled in water and made into an extract form is useful home remedy for bladder infection if consumed twice a day.
6. Watermelon juice is also helpful to reduce the cysts during the course of infection.
7. The fresh onion juice is also helpful for reducing the problem.
8. Vegetables such as cabbage and garlic are also effective in treating the problem.
9. The pomegranate juice has also found to be effective home remedy for bladder infection if taken 2-3 glass every day.
10. Increase Vitamin C intake in your daily diet with the fruits such as orange and pine apple.
11. The yoghurt intake on a daily basis helps prevent the infections of urinary tract including the bladder infection.
12. A spoon of parsley's leaves boiled in water can be used to prepare the tea which can be consumed to treat the UTI.
13. The most important home remedy is taking plenty of water which will ultimately help to flush out the infection.