Arteriosclerosis is defined as the state when there is a major blockage of the heart and the arteries, which in turn becomes an obstacle in carrying the blood capacity of the vascular system of the human body. In a human body, when the level of the cholesterol rises, various types of problems occur, especially the cardiac system. This is caused due to LDL cholesterol, which sticks to the arteries. This condition is referred to as arteriosclerosis. In this state the arteries are thickened. This may also result in high blood pressure. Lastly, the most important reason to this disease is high level of cholesterol.
The treatment to this disease and the home remedies for arteriosclerosis are given as under:
1. Avoiding rich foods such as butter, cheese, eggs etc. These increase the cholesterol level in the human body.
2. It is advisable to increase the amount of green vegetables and fruits as because it contains almost nil cholesterol and is also fat free. These also help in reducing the cholesterol level. Some of the low cholesterol diet is turnip, garlic, onion, green beans etc.
3. As a natural treatment, one must consume mangoes, strawberries, papayas, watermelon, pineapples, cantaloupe and citrus fruits.
4. In salad items where we get high fibre content is onions, radish, carrot, cucumber, lettuce etc.
5. Note that the consumption of sugar must be little or negligible as this helps in increasing the level of cholesterol in the body.
6. Lot of water must be taken because this dissolves fat and cholesterol.
7. Smoking and taking alcohol is restricted.
8. The patient must take smaller meals at regular intervals rather than one long meal.
9. Onions and garlic has shown a great preventive effect for the disease of arteriosclerosis. At the same time vitamin C also helps in converting the cholesterol to bile acids.
10. Lemon peel is considered to be the richest source of vitamin P. It helps in strengthening the arterial system.
11. One of the most successful home remedies for arteriosclerosis is to mix an equivalent amount of lemon juice and honey in a spoon and must be taken before bedtime.
12. Intake of carrot juice on daily basis is also beneficial home remedy for arteriosclerosis.
13. One teaspoon of onion juice daily will help prevent the arteriosclerosis. This is the easiest way to solve the problem of arteriosclerosis.
14. Brewer's yeast can reduce the amount of cholesterol and also helps to increase HDL. This may be highly beneficial.
15. Capsicum can also lower the level of cholesterol. It is rich in vitamin C. Raw salad is also preferred to include in the diet.
16. Beet juice is also a a good home remedy for arteriosclerosis. The root of beet is boiled in water and when it becomes soft, mash it and eat.
17. It is suggested to have papaya on the daily basis for one month in empty stomach. It is good in the problems of stomach; nothing should be eaten for two hours after having papaya.
18. Spinach must also be consumed on the daily basis. It helps in controlling the cholesterol level and is effective for arteriosclerosis.