Anal fissure is very common in adults; injury in anus may be referred as anal fissure. Anal fissure may arise due to excessive itching or due to anal sex. Certain preventive measures that can be taken at home are as follows:
It is always said that prevention is better than cure keeping this thing in mind follow certain home remedies before and after anal fissures.
1. Increases the amount of fiber intake in your diet so as to avoid future constipation.
2. Once you increase fiber intake into your diet make sure that that you simultaneously increase the water consumption.
3. Sitting in tub filled with some amount of hot water or a bath with hot water can be another measure so as to ensure relief once you suffer anal fissure.
4. Creams such as hydrocortisone, zinc oxide can help reducing itching and inflammation or any other cream containing vitamin A and vitamin D.
5. Wheat germ oil also helps in healing the affected area.
6. Apart from increasing the intake of fiber if you take timely and a healthy diet on regular basis these problems will unlikely to occur. This includes less of junk food and more of fresh homemade food including around ten glasses of water, green vegetables and fruits of different colors. This will not only prevent you from anal fissure but will also ensure a healthy body with a healthy mind to live with.
7. Avoid scratching or itching, consult the doctor near by, also ensure that your nails are not too long and free from dirt simultaneously.
8. Maintaining the right body balance or body weight is very important because in days of summer especially due to increasing sweat and extra body weight might result in anal fissure.
9. Avoid using colorful toilet papers, these products can be irritating, some of our body parts are very case sensitive and require extra care, anal is one amongst them. Use medicated pads instead of using colorful papers. The consequences might be very bad once you get a wound in the anus, the type of living is also associated with the problem, and excessive itching might result in bleeding from the rectum. In case of severe constipated patients the problem might be observed due to hard stool and regular friction in the anal.
10. Regular exercise is another home remedy for anal fissure and not only this, it helps in keeping the body fit with maintaining right amount of body weight and protecting the person from many other diseases that are likely to occur in day to day life. Regular exercise help in ensuring improved blood circulation and faster recovery of anal wound or anal fissure. Wounds such as anal fissure are long persisting and might create problems or inconvenience for a long duration of time. Thus in order to stay fit and for healthy living the above said points must be given special attention. Anal fissure is a wound that occurs most of the time due to our own carelessness.