Health is wealth. Unless you possess a healthy body, the colors of happiness around the world seem opaque in your eyes. It is essential to remain healthy and fit both internally and externally. A person fit from within looks fresh and healthy from outside too. Our digestive system plays an important role in building up our overall health. Amoebiasis is common disease of our digestive system.
Amoebiasis, well known as Amoebic Dysentery, is an infection of the large intestine, by a particular parasite called Antamoebia histolytica. The other names of Amoebiasis are Bloody Flux or Flux. The parasites make some wounds into the wall of the large intestine as a result of which the affected person suffers from non specific diarrhea. The symptoms of such diarrhea is formation of loose or semi solid foul smelling stools mixed with mucous or even with blood, in acute conditions. The patient suffers from abdominal pain and flatulence and a feverish feeling and feeling of nausea. Amoebiasis can spread into other vital organs like liver and brain too and can be a life threatening disease if not treated on time.
The parasites of Amoebiasis enter into the human digestive system due to consumption of unhealthy food, water, milk and other drinks contaminated with Antamoebia histolytica. Contaminated raw fruits and vegetables are also carriers of this disease. People with low immunity power are more acutely affected by this harmful parasite.
Generally a person takes 1 to 2 weeks to get rid of this parasite. If not very acute, the patient is not needed to be hospitalized. Apart from taking some common allopathic medicines, the following home remedies may also be of great help to get rid of Amoebiasis.
* We should drink double the quantity of filtered or boiled water which we drink in normal condition, if got infected by Amoebiasis. After boiling the water chlorinate it, make it totally safe.
* Water mixed wit a pinch of salt and a spoonful of sugar will do the work of ORS and start fighting with dehydration instantly.
* We should drink plenty of fluids safe and free from any contamination.
* After toilet, wash your hand with warm water and soap. Practice the same before making food too.
* Try to eat semi solid easily digestible food more than solid or spicy stuffs. Solid food will create more abdominal cramp.
* A jam prepared from semi ripe or unripe bael fruit is especially beneficial to cure Amoebiasis.
* If you feel the patient is becoming dehydrated much and not responding properly, rush him to the nearest doctor or hospital.
Amoebiasis is a parasitic disease mainly caused due to our ignorance about health and hygiene. As we all know, prevention is always better than cure, educating ourselves and our children on the basic habits related to health and hygiene, can keep us away from such disturbing ailments, undoubtedly. So let’s start from the scratch again. Wish you good health!