At the time of pregnancy, one may come across certain quandary, which can make the pregnancy a high jeopardy. Most of the woman experiences several pregnancy perils at some levels of their pregnancy and the medical problems at times blemish a joyful time.
One of the feasible complications during pregnancy is that at times, a pregnant woman can be bared to something that might develop birth defects like certain chemicals, radiation, drugs and infection in the body. There is always a slight prospect for turmoil to develop. Complications may occur at any point of time during the pregnancy period or just after the delivery.
During the pregnancy period, woman can come across certain havoc that is not essentially related to pregnancy. These situation increases the peril of troubles for a pregnant women or for the foetus. These conditions also incorporate commotion that causes infections, fever, commotion that entail abdominal surgery. Several other complications during pregnancy are as follows:
1. Gestational Diabetes: 3% of every pregnant woman has the possibility of having diabetes during the pregnancy period. Gestational diabetes is referred to as the situation when a pregnant woman is suffering from diabetes. If this disease remains unidentified or no treatment is done against diabetes then this increases the possibility of health disorders at the time of pregnancy and there is also chance of losing the foetus. This situation is generally found in woman, who is suffering from obesity. This kind of diabetes is feasibly, cause thyroid and high risks of pregnancy.
2. Anemia: Due to lack of iron, often pregnant woman is found to have anemia. The body system requires dual quantity of iron during the pregnancy period as iron is required to make red blood cells in the foetus. Anemia may also grow due to deficiency of folic acid. Generally this is prevented or treated by taking iron and folic acid pills during pregnancy.
3. Placental Abruption: Placental Abruption is referred to a situation when the premature aloofness of the placenta from the wall of the uterus. The placenta may be released partly or wholly. The reason to this problem is not known. This problem is usually found in women who are suffering from high blood pressure.
There are two types of problems namely routine maternal problems and serious maternal problems. The routine problems are ordinary complications and prompt no risk either to would-be mother or the fetus. Serious problems may cause both maternal death and fetal death, if not treated.
1. Back Pain: This is a regular problem during pregnancy for every woman. To treat back pain one must make efforts to do mild workouts or gentle massage.
2. Constipation: It is caused due to reduced bowel motility secondary to prominent progesterone. The treatment is to increase PO fluids, stool softeners and drinking a lot of water and involving fresh fruits and fiber enriched foods is advisable.
Serious problems include pelvic girdle pain and etc.
Excess or little amniotic fluid in the membranes adjoining the fetus may be a sign of problem during the pregnancy period.