Acne scars are usually referred to the skin disorder, which generally occurs in the teenage. Oil carries the dead skin, which appears on the surface of the skin. When some blockage is seen in the follicle, acne scars occurs. It is caused due to hormonal imbalance in the body system. Using of cosmetics may result in acne scars. It takes place due to lack of hygiene. Excess use of tobacco, alcohol may lead to acne scars. It may appear in the form of blackheads and whiteheads.
Read more about Acne Herbal Treatment
To get rid of acne scars some home remedies are suggested that might prove beneficial. Following are the recommendations:
1. Squeeze the extract of fresh lemons or limes. Apply the extract of fresh lime on the affected area by using a cotton ball. Make your skin absorb the juice of lemon for certain period, and then rinse it off. Fresh lemon juice helps in improving the outlook of dark scars and spots by making them light.
2. Add sandalwood with little drops of rosewater to get a paste. The mixture of rose water and sandalwood may be worn as a facial mark and can be applied on the acne scars. Stay till the paste gets dry, or can also be kept overnight and rinse it off with water. It is one of the successful procedures to get rid of acne scars, as the sandalwood soothes the skin and leaves a cooling effect on the skin.
3. Make slices of tomato and put it on your face. As tomatoes are rich in vitamin A, they obstruct the excess production of sebum, which results in acne scars. Vitamin A also carries an antioxidant features that energizes and revamps the spoiled and scarred skin.
4. Olive oil not only enhances the outlook of the cane scars but also improves the taste of food. Rub the olive oil on the scars of acne, as it bears a moisturizing quality, which softens the texture of the skin and lightens the scarred skin.
5. At the same time honey is also a natural moisturizer, which can help in getting rid of acne scars. Honey can be used as a facial mask and rinse it off after certain period of time.
6. Using of following mixture may help in treating acne scars. Add one tablespoon of sour cream with one tablespoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and a few drops of fresh lemon juice. Mix the mixture and apply on to the scars. Let it for 10-15 minutes and then rinse off.
7. A common method to get rid of these scars, by using the tomatoes and cucumber. Tomatoes and cucumber together can lessen the visibility of scarred skin. Using cucumber and tomato as the facial mask helps in lightening the scars and giving a good texture to the skin.
8. Quick relief from acne scars: Massage with ice cubes in a pack on the area where scars have taken place. This helps in soothing the irritating skin reduces the size of the pores.
9. Using of Fenugreek leaves: Paste of fenugreek leave can be applied as a facial mask, keep it for a while and then rinse it off.