Toothache can be intolerable and can disturb your sleep at nights. The two main reasons for toothache can be formation of cavity and accumulation of plaque. Toothache can also be caused by decaying of the tooth enamel. Toothache can largely affect your life in a number of ways. Thus, it is important that you take proper care of your teeth in order to prevent such problems.
Lack of proper calcium in your diet can result in calcium deficiency that in turn will result in tooth decay. Calcium and magnesium are the prime minerals required to strengthen your teeth. Thus, in order to have a strong set of teeth you should eat foods that are rich in calcium and magnesium. Add fresh green leafy vegetables, juicy fruits, cereals and grams in your diet. Avoid sour, spicy and junk foods, which will worsen the condition.
Improper brushing, excessive intake of sweets and chocolates, presence of germs in tooth and low quality toothpaste plays an important role in developing dental problems. The major symptoms of toothache are severe pain in tooth, bad breath and swelling on the gums. If any of these is encountered then it is better to take proper remedial steps before it results in a major dental problem.
1. In the morning chew few bitter leaves of Azadirachta indica (neem) and spit out. With this, the tongue, teeth and mouth become fresh and clean. It kills all the germs and bacteria present in the mouth. Brushing the teeth with the neem stem makes them strong and do not ache. Neem prevents oral cancer and other mouth problems.
2. Boil black plum (jamun) leaves in water. Gargle with this water twice when it cools. It cures bleeding gums and swollen gums. Jamun is a rich source of vitamin C, which is good for the teeth.
3. Avoid taking an excess of hot, cold or spicy foods.
4. Normally the temperature of the food should be equal to the temperature of the mouth. Do not gargle with cold water immediately after taking hot food.
5. During passing of urine and stool, clench the upper and lower teeth. By doing this, teeth always remain fixed in their proper position, become stronger and never fall. Pyorrhea, bleeding gums and shaking teeth are also cured with this act.
6. Clean the mouth every morning and evening after eating. This keeps dental disease away for a long time.
7. Brush your teeth twice daily with a quality toothbrush and toothpaste. While brushing your teeth massage your gums so that germs do not stuck in there.
8. Do not forget to brush your teeth before going to bed, as it will help you to have stronger teeth and healthier gums.
9. Eat orange in a good amount. It is a rich source of calcium and vitamin C, which makes your teeth stronger.
10. Instead of food, eat grapes for a few days. This will make your teeth strong and cure pus coming out of the teeth.