A recent survey says almost one fourth of the world population is overweight or obese.
And the percentage is much higher if we take into account only the urban population. Blame it on lifestyle or on over dependence on technology, the number of overweight adults and kids is increasing in an alarming rate. To fight with obesity happens to be a significant challenge in front of this tech savvy modern world. It, not only spoils your shape, but obesity also beckons many health complications like diabetes, heart attack and cancer.
How to determine whether you are overweight or obese:
The Body Mass Index (BMI) is the determining factor of your obesity. Divide your weight in lbs by 2.2 to get your weight in Kg. Next, divide your height in inches by 39.37 to get your height in meters. Then you have to multiply your height (in meters) by the same number. Finally, divide your weight (in Kg) with that number. You will get your BMI.
For example: If a person weighs 150 lbs and his height is 5'7", his BMI is determined below:
Weight = 150/2.2 = 68.2 Kg; Height = 5'7" = 67" / 39.37 = 1.70 meters.
1.70 x 1.70 = 2.89; So, B.M.I. = 68.2 / 2.89 = 23.59
If your BMI is 19 to 25, you are considered normal. More than 25 is considered as overweight and more than 30 is obese.
So if your BMI is on a higher side, do not despair! Fix your target and start working from today. Although there are a number of weight loss programs available in the market, you need to take some points into consideration before you start your weight loss program.
1. Your weight loss program should not beckon any health hazard for you.
2. It should not be purely temporary.
3. It should be time tested and strictly under medical supervision.
Keeping these points in mind, to follow some easy and effective home remedies for weight loss would be much beneficial, economic and safer. So before rushing for the expensive programs, why don't you give it a try?
1. Control your diet, but do not starve as starving will simply make your stuffs more complicated.
2. Go for regular brisk walking in the morning and after the meals.
3. Mix 2 spoons of lemon juice with 1 spoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it in empty stomach.
4. Cut the amount of carbohydrates and fats from your diet but always maintain an optimum amount as they are vital for your body too. Eat negative calorie foods like cabbage.
5. Fill your stomach with fruits and vegetables and whole grains instead of processed food.
6. Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water everyday and keep your body hydrated.
7. Lead a stress free life. Go for a yoga class, if possible.
8. You should have adequate sleep at night.
9. Do a lot of exercise. It helps in burning extra body fat.
10. Remember, the magic is not in how less you eat, but on how many calories you burn everyday. So keep the right balance.
You never know, these home remedies for weight loss, if followed rigorously, might be enough to get rid off your extra weight and help you get your dream figure one fine day. All the best!