No one likes to have a stuffy or a blocked nose. If a person is suffering from a stuffy nose he or she has to breathe through mouth and it also create problems during the night especially while sleeping. There are many causes of stuffy nose like allergies, stress, air pollution and physical exertion. Some birth control pills and nasal decongestants also make the nose blocked. Since the inner of the nose consists of a mucosal membrane, that is bordered by many blood vessels.
A stuffy or blocked nose is a result when these small blood vessels get expanded. It can also affect the ear in future and interfere in power of hearing and development of speeches. The prime cause of stuffy nose is the fungus present in the air. Food allergy reaction is the first symptom of a stuffy nose. Avoid consuming pasteurized milk, cheese, butter and other products related to pasteurized dairy. This can help to some extent in treating stuffy or blocked nose. There are certain home remedies that can help in treating this problem.
Given below are some effective home remedies that help in curing the stuffy nose rapidly.
1. It can be treated effectively with the help of steam. Boil some water and remove it from the stove. Put a towel over head and lean over the pot. This will help you to get rid of the blocked nose.
2. Black pepper can be used as a home remedy to clear out the stuffy or a blocked nose. Eating the seeds of black pepper, which are baked can be taken in the morning or one can also inhale the fumes by setting the seeds of black pepper on fire for a quick relief.
3. Another good home remedy for stuffy nose is horseradish. Take a horseradish and grate it. Add a teaspoon of honey or apple vinegar. Put this mixture on your tongue and try to take a long breathe. The fragrance of this mixture will make the blocked nose loosen and hence will result in quick relief.
4. You can also inhale the fumes of apple extract vinegar. It aids in healing stuffy or blocked nose. Put three tablespoon of this vinegar in a pan and set it on fire till the whole vinegar is exhausted and inhale the fumes produced.
5. This home remedy for stuffy nose is also one of the effective natural treatments. Adding a teaspoon of baking soda in the water in which salt is mixed. This helps in making the blocked nose easy.
6. Grapefruit juice can also be used to cure this problem. Take lukewarm water and add some grapefruit juice in it. This home remedy can be used as an inhaler. Follow this remedy while going to bed or early in the morning.
7. Put two to three drops of peppermint oil on a cotton cloth. Get it close to your nose and inhale it, the very core of peppermint will aid in bringing some relief.
8. Take some carom seeds and make it in the form of a powder and add them in a small cotton cloth and keep it near your pillow cover. This is a very useful home remedy for treating stuffy nose.