Stretch marks can be referred to as a line on the surface of the skin with an off-color tone. These lines are mainly originated in the abdominal wall, beneath the umbilicus, although it can also take place over breasts and thighs. Though pregnancy is the prime cause of these marks, there may be other reasons apart from pregnancy i.e. gain or loss of weight, hereditary factors, trauma and modification in physical conditions. In the initial stage the stretch mark is pink in color and changes to white afterwards. The medical term for stretch marks is called striae gravidarum.
Consume lot of green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, and dairy products in your diet.
Home remedies suggested to eliminate these marks are given below:
1. One of the easiest methods to get rid of the stretch marks is to apply lavender oil on the affected area, thrice a day.
2. Aloe Vera gel can also be applied in the area of stretch marks. In the preliminary stage, it would get lightened and finally eliminates the marks from the body.
3. Arrange for a combination of seven drops of lavender oil added with little drops of chamomile oil to an ounce of carrier oil. Apply it on the affected area.
4. Take lot of seeds and nuts which contains zinc. This will be beneficial in eliminating stretch marks.
5. Mix half cup of olive oil with one fourth cup of Aloe Vera gel and liquid from six vitamin E capsules and also liquid from vitamin A capsules and blend it with a blender. Pile up in a container and keep it for refrigeration. Apply this combination where stretch marks emerge.
6. Applying Aroma Oil and massaging it on the affected area may also help in treating the problems of stretch marks.
7. Massage the affected area with apricot scrub. This helps in removing the stretch marks steadily.
8. Cocoa Butter is also advantageous in treating stretch marks. This must be applied twice in a day, in the morning time as well as in the evening time on the affected area. This would aid in eliminating these marks.
9. Workouts are important to get rid of the stretch marks, toning your muscles aids your skin to firm and thus prevent this problem.
10. Ensure that you intake lot of protein and foods rich in vitamin C and vitamin E as they help in the growth of tissues.
It is very general that approximately all women in a particular time of their lives will develop stretch marks. Others basically have a common tendency to these marks and get them everywhere while others never develop stretch marks at all.
These marks appear to be reddish lines across the body but as time passes by, it turns white. This is common during the period of pregnancy because at this point of time the skin stretches rapidly to hold the baby and the milk stored in the breasts.
Once the stretch marks have appeared, they would keep on with you forever but with time they will be slightly visible. The only way to evade these marks is preventing them.