Stomach ulcers can cause abdominal pain and feeling of fullness. Patient suffering from ulcer may not be able to drink a lot of fluid in one time and feels hungry after one-two hours of taking a meal. Other symptoms are bloody-dark stool, chest pain and weight loss. Ulcers may cause nausea which reduces after vomiting and abdominal pain may wake the patient up in the night.
It is caused due to the erosion of the inner lining of the stomach and the protective lining of the stomach stops working properly. The acids released in the stomach to digest the food can cause pain in the absence of protective stomach lining and sometimes, the stomach is damaged to get a hole. Ulcer can be caused by infection of bacteria or it can be caused by excessive stress.
1. Drink fresh cabbage juice as it produces amino acid that increases the flow of blood in the inner linings of the stomach to enable the formation of protective cover of the stomach.
2. One of the useful home remedies for stomach ulcers is banana. It can help in coating the lining of the stomach. Take banana every day.
3. Unripe plantain protects the stomach from acids and manuka honey can be taken to heal the stomach lining. Cook plantain before taking it as it is very hard to eat raw.
4. Bamboo leaves and Fenugreek leaves can be taken as a home remedy to reduce ulcers. Liquorice root can be taken to cure duodenal and gastric problems.
5. Marshmallow root, white oak bark and yarrow, prevents inflammation and reduces ulcer.
6. Slippery elm can be taken to reduce the pain.
7. Eat only fresh meal. Do not eat overcooked food.
8. Do not take iron supplements if you are suffering from ulcer.
9. Almond milk and raw goat milk heals the stomach ulcers.
10. Drink lots of fluids.
11. Taking cold milk may buffer the acids for sometime but milk may cause the production of stomach acid later.
12. Creams, butter milk and fruits such as melon and mangoes can be taken. You can take mashed potatoes in diet and vegetables such as squash. Take fruits containing deep red and orange color that are high in antioxidant such as cherries, berries, pears, prunes, apples and kale.
13. Omega-3 fatty acids are healthy fats, required by the body and it is found in walnuts and fishes.
14. People who cannot express their emotions may suffer from ulcers and you can try to reduce the negative effect by letting emotions out.
15. Do physical exercises early in the morning to improve blood circulation and to reduce anxiety.
16. Eat small meals five to six times in a day.
1. Stress, overwork, alcohol, smoking, carbonated drinks, excess salt, chocolates and spicy food should be avoided.
2. Avoid food items which can cause allergies.
3. Avoid food containing chemicals.
4. Do not take fibrous fruits in case the ulcer has caused a hole in the stomach lining. One can take tomato juice to improve blood flow but remove the peel and seeds.
5. Avoid sour fruits and vegetables.