A healthy flawless skin contributes to the overall personality of a modern human being. The new generation is very conscious to maintain a balanced skin. Still skin problem is one of the most common issues we suffer from. The main causes are harmful pollutants, stressful life, hormonal imbalance and sometimes over consciousness.
The reason behind oily skin: The natural built-in moisturizer of our skin is sebum. When the oil glands start secreting excessive sebum, it results in leaving the skin oily and greasy. This sebum, when accumulated in the pores, makes the skin thick and greasy. The clogged pores are more vulnerable to make blackheads and pimples. If oily skin is not treated in time the complexion becomes dull and the pores become visible in due course of time. Controlling the problem artificially is always not easy as the so called oil reducing creams available in the market often contain harsh chemicals and have side effects. Hence the best solution is to go for some home based remedies which will save the dollars you spend on expensive cream. We should be aware of the fact that there is no quick remedy of oily skin. If we try to wipe off the serum very fast it might have negative effect and will stimulate the oil gland to produce more. Hence the treatment needs a little patience and consistency.
1. Drape your head with a towel and then steam your face on boiled water. Do not keep your face exposed in much heat. Rub it with a natural scrubber to remove the dead cells. Remember oily skin is more delicate. So do not use a hard scrub.
2. Before you apply any masque, make sure your face and neck is clean. Do not go for oil based cleanser. A natural cleanser is always preferable.
3. Make a masque of white egg with lemon juice and apply it on your face and neck with upward strokes. Wash off when it gets dry.
4. A clay mask or fuller's earth is also very effective in reducing oiliness. This is an effective home remedy for oily skin.
5. A mixture made up of lemon juice, honey and turmeric helps in removing tan as well as keeps the ph balance.
6. Avoid using cold creams or moisturizers those are too oily.
7. Drink plenty of water as water is the best treatment for hydration.
8. One of the popular home remedies for oily face is milk. It is a very good natural moisturizer. It cleanses as well as moisturizes your skin perfectly.
9. Make a mixture of oatmeal, honey and lemon juice and apply it on your face. Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Your skin will be soft, supple and less greasy.
Do not lose your heart or get too disappointed if your skin is oily. The ageing process is much slow in this type rather than the other types. Premature wrinkles and sagging are also less likely to appear in this type. And gradually with age, the oil glands also reduce the secretion of sebum, though the skin looks younger relative to your age. So give a smile! Today's problem can become tomorrow's boon.