Almost half of the women undergo from nausea and vomit in between 1.5 month to 3 months of their pregnancy period. It is a normal symptom for a pregnant woman and it can take place at any time during the day and hence it is called morning sickness. It is observed as a cleansing of toxins from the system. There are several home remedies recommended to cure morning sickness to an extent, but as this a normal symptom during pregnancy, it cannot be eliminated completely. Some of the effective home remedies are described below -
1. Develop the habit of eating in small intervals.
2. Low levels of sugar increase the probability of nausea, thus try to keep them at normal levels from the time you wake up till you go to bed. You can also keep some nuts by your side and eat before going to bed.
3. Try to have fluids or liquid items more rather than consuming anything as the liquid can be digested easily.
4. Avoid food, which makes you feel like vomiting.
5. One of the effective home remedies for morning sickness is ginger. Including ginger in your meals will help you to get rid of gastric problems. It also helps in soothing the digestive tracts.
6. Consuming half to one teaspoon of wild yam root regularly will help you to treat the morning sickness.
7. Make sure that you are consuming a balanced diet. Incorporate foods that are rich in protein and carbohydrates, brown bread in you daily diet.
8. Always keep ready a lemon juice by your side, as it helps in lessening the feeling of nausea, vomiting and morning sickness.
9. Apple extract vinegar is also used as a home remedy for morning sickness. Prepare apple extract vinegar mixed with honey at bedtime before sleeping. Prepare by adding both in the same proportion in a cup of water and drink it.
10. Make a tea that contains spearmint. This is a good remedy to treat morning sickness.
11. Make a juice of the curry leaves and add one lemon juice and few drops of honey. Drink this mixture daily thrice or four times a day. It helps in healing the morning sickness.
12. Consume at least two oranges in the morning and two in the evening. It helps you to keep healthy during pregnancy. As oranges are rich in vitamin C. Do not apply this remedy, if you are already suffering from cold.
13. Take a proper nap and do not keep yourself under pressure.
14. Take some cooked rice and add two tablespoon of bael juice. This can be taken two times a day. It is a good home remedy for morning sickness.
15. Boil half litre of water and add four to five drops of peppermint oil. Store it in a container and keep that bottle by your side during the night. The fragrance of this peppermint oil helps in morning sickness.
16. Massage with the chamomile massage oil. It will help in morning sickness.
17. Go for regular gentle workouts.
18. Increase the intake of vitamin B6.