Itchy scalp is the most awkward and irritating conditions one can undergo. It can occur due to excess use of hair products, dandruff. Every human desires to have soft, shiny and silky hairs. It appears very horrible when a person scratches his scalp continuously. There are various causes of itchy scalp which includes allergy to some hair product, dryness, lice, unclean hairs and disease like psoriasis.
Itchy scalp can be cured in various ways through home remedies or homemade treatments that are given below.
1. Treating this using oils: Oils have anti fungal features and can help in reducing the itchiness of the scalp. You can apply almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil into the scalp in the evening and let it remain during the night. Apply shampoo the next morning to get relief.
2. Treating this using comb: Try to comb your hair frequently which increases the circulation of the blood and helps to reduce the itchiness of the scalp.
3. Treating this using lemon juice: Lemon juice is considered to be a natural conditioner. It can help in eliminating dandruff and reduce itchiness. Massage the lemon juice onto the scalp and keep it for some time. After that shampoo your hairs to get relief.
4. Treating this using apple cider vinegar: Add vinegar in warm water in the proportion of 1: 4 and mix it well. And then rub this solution onto the scalp for some time and wash it off. It is another useful home remedy for itchy scalp.
5. Treating this using baking soda: Baking soda helps to shrink the itchiness by making the dead skin loose that are present on the scalp. Mix baking soda in water and apply the paste onto your scalp. To get quick relief wash your hairs.
6. Treating this using Aloe Vera: You can apply the Aloe Vera gel onto the scalp and keep it for some time say around fifteen minutes and then shampoo your hairs. It is a good home remedy for itchy scalp.
7. The prime cause of itchy scalp is dirtiness, which you can overcome by washing the hairs regularly, at least twice a week. The dirtiness of the scalp further blocks the pores and buildup oils. If it seems that the hairs are too dirty then shampoo your hairs in every alternate day.
8. You can also use shampoo and conditioner made particularly for dandruff affected hairs.
9. You can also add some lemon juice in the oil that you apply on your scalp and leave it overnight. To get relief wash your hairs the next morning.
10. Some times it happens that hair dyes, colors and gels results in itchy scalp. Before using these products, it is good to test first and then apply to your scalp for further negative reactions.
If these above mentioned home remedies do not work properly, then you are suggested to visit your health care provider or a dermatologist to provide you with better medications that can help you to cure the itchy scalp.