Ingrown toenail is the result, when the broken nails do not grow back properly and bore into the surrounding tissues. It can also be the result, if the victim does not wear proper footwear particularly when the broken nail is growing once again. If the sufferer does not take it seriously, and the infection gets to develop, then it would be necessary for the victim to go for surgery. If the situation is mild, you can opt for the homemade treatments. There are certain causes for ingrown toenail those include wearing tight fitting footwear, improper clipping of nails. There are several home remedies available to treat the ingrown toenail very successfully.
There are no specific diets that are prescribed for the victim of ingrown toenail but you must make sure that you are having a proper and well balanced diet. Make sure you are taking sufficient amount of calcium and you do not suffer from any other deficiencies that can increase the probability of making the condition worse.
Various symptoms of ingrown toenail include the following:
1. Swelling and pain.
2. Formation of pus.
3. Discharge of some fluid from the portion, where the nail is growing into the skin.
4. Nail growing into the tissues around nail bed.
There are tips to prevent ingrown toenail. Make sure that you trim your toenails in a square shape so that the corner of the nail is seen above the skin.
Given below are the common home remedies that help to cure the ingrown toenail in a very less time period.
1. Immerge your foot in the warm water by adding one tablespoon of salt for around twenty minutes. Try this home remedy for at least four times a day daily. This remedy for ingrown toenail helps to provide instant relief.
2. Keep your foot clean and dry throughout the day. In this condition, you must prefer to wear a sandal.
3. Lemon can help effectively in healing the ingrown toenail. Take a fresh piece of lemon and place it on the ingrown toenail. Let it be placed on the affected area for the whole night using a bandage or gauze. And then remove the bandage to uncover the nail that is soft. Put cotton between the nail and the skin. Repeat this remedy till the nail is cured.
4. You can also use Epsom salt as a home remedy for ingrown toenail. Fill a tub with warm water and mix some Epsom salt in it. Drench your foot that is affected in the warm water for around half an hour. Maintain till the water gets cool. Use this remedy for at least two times throughout the day.
5. One of the useful home remedies for treating ingrown toenail is tea tree oil. If you have a thick nail, you can add some tea tree oil with petroleum jelly and apply on the affected area on the foot. Wrap it with a bandage and keep it till the next morning.
6. For fast relief, you can also make use of painkillers.