As hypertension is related with high blood pressure, hypotension is related to low blood pressure. Heart pumps the blood with a force to all the parts of the body through arteries is called blood pressure. The response of the arteries to the blood flows regulates the blood pressure. In a single heart beat two measurements are recorded for blood pressure that is -
Systolic pressure - It is a pressure when our heart beats and pumps the blood with a force into our arteries. Here at this time the pressure is the highest in the arteries.
Diastolic pressure - It is a pressure when our heart is in rest between the two beats and the blood through veins flows back to heart. At this point the pressure in our arteries is the lowest.
When the reading of systolic pressure over the diastolic pressure is 120/80 then our blood pressure is absolutely normal. When our blood pressure is 140/90 or more, then we are suffering from high blood pressure. If the reading is below 120/80 like 90/60 then it is a low blood pressure.
Hypotension is caused when due to some reason the amount of the blood pumped out by heart reduces, for some reason volume of the blood is reduced or by medication. This is caused due to many reasons such as dehydration, vomiting, severe bleeding, inside the body if there is a severe inflammation of organs, due to some heart disease.
Some symptoms of hypotension are dizziness, fainting, chest pain, heart attack etc. Besides medicines and proper precautions one should also try natural cures and home remedies for low blood pressure. Some of them are as follow-
* Due to dehydration volume of blood is reduced which as a result reduces the pressure of the blood. To avoid this lot of water should be consumed during dehydration.
* Chew about 30 raisins one by one in an empty stomach and then drink water. The raisins should be soaked overnight.
* Have a cup of raw beetroot juice at least twice a day. It is a beneficial home remedy for hypotension.
* To regulate the level of blood pressure it is necessary to do regular exercises, light walking, cycling and swimming.
* For treating hypotension, foods that are rich in protein, vitamin B, and vitamin C are helpful.
* Drink a glass of lukewarm milk with almond paste mixed in it. For almond paste, take 7 almonds and make its paste by soaking overnight and peeling its outer cover.
* Whenever you feel, your blood pressure is going down drink a cup of strong black coffee.
* For restoring the level of blood pressure include fresh fruits, asafetida and salt to your diet.