Herpes is a viral infection caused by herpes simplex virus and it is highly contagious infection. Generally it is caused by sharing eating utensils, kissing or through intimate contact. Some other symptoms are stress, fatigue etc. Generally there are two types of herpes - first one is oral herpes which causes fever blisters around the mouth or cold sores. The other one is genital herpes, causing herpes below the waist. There are various home remedies that can be adopted for treatment of herpes.
1. The most effective remedy if to rub ice on the herpes for some minutes. This provides an instant healing effect.
2. Having black coffee without sugar and applying the remains of the cup on the herpes.
3. Mixing few drops of bergamot oil and eucalyptus oil and applying to the affected area after regular intervals.
4. Mixing a cup of olive oil, some bee wax and lavender oil in a pot and cook them. Allow them to cool and apply it on the herpes.
5. Take three to four litres of water and add 30 grams of dried mallow roots, mullein and marsh mallow roots. Simmer it for a few minutes and filter the mixture. This reduces irritation and prevents herpes.
6. Apply grated carrot wrapped in a cloth on the blisters. It helps in reducing glandular swelling and pain, thereby providing healing effect.
7. Consumption of diet rich in vitamins, zinc and iron should be increased. It is recommended to have fruits and leafy vegetables.
8. Take a hot cup of water and dip a tea bag. Now apply this warm tea bag on the herpes for at least half an hour.
9. Apply Aloe Vera gel on the blisters provides great relief from herpes.
10. Take some cornstarch and dip the cotton ball into it. Now put these cotton balls on the sores, thereby providing relief to the person infected.
11. A cup of peppermint tea helps a lot in reducing fever and pain.
12. Take some cotton balls and baking powder and apply it over the infected area. This benefits a lot in treating herpes.
There are various herbal remedies for herpes that not only helps in boosting immunity but also assists in reducing stress. Echinacea is highly recommended for people who are infected with the virus. Adaptogenic herbs and foods increase the body’s ability to relax the nervous system, thereby reducing stress. Therapeutic oils are of great help in reducing pain when applied on the blisters and sores.
The diet intake should include the following
1. Regular intake of wheat grass, chlorophyll, green algae. Each of them strengthens the immune system, thereby nourishing and cleansing the system.
2. Intake of vitamin B rich foods like nutritional yeast, bee pollen, spirulina, seaweeds etc on daily basis.
3. Vitamin B supplement should be added to your daily diet.
4. Foods that might worsen the condition must be avoided like sweets such as peanuts, chocolate and soft drinks.
5. People suffering from herpes should include calcium, iron, vitamin C and lysine to their diet.